Great SA....except for morphology, do we need IVF?

2ducks

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I really hope I don't step on anyone's toes by posting here. My partner and I are not quite ready for assisted conception quite yet, but looks like we may be headed in that direction. We are approaching the 1 year ttc mark in a week or so and I am having female fertility issues. We have started the process of testing and will probably be heading off to a fertility clinic in a few months after we gather what we can.

My partner's SA came back great....then we got the morphology results...he has 4% morphology. The WHO has 4% or higher as normal, but that just seems really low to me.

My question is did any of your doctors recommend heading straight to IVF with that low of a morphology? We were going to try a few rounds of Clomid with my OBGYN before heading to a FS because the closest clinic is 1.5 hours away AND my insurance wont pay for it. I also don't want to waste my time with an OB if thats not right for us.

Good luck to everyone here, I hope your IUIs and IVFs stick!

Hi my dh had so many sa tests throughout waiting to start treatment etc and his lowest was 3%
No one was ever worried about it and we didn't do ivf because of that, we were just unexplained really
Also if you have a good count thats 4% of a high number!
Also each sa can vary, my dh count ranged from 13million to 82million!

My husband had 4% morphology as well. We ended up tryingtrying seven rounds of femara and timed intercourse that sadly didn't work out for us. Since there were also issues with me (pcos and don't ovulate on my own) he said my chances of iui working was the same as the process we had already done so we skipped that and went straight to ivf. You definitely still have a chance with that number, it's just not as high as it would be with ivf.

Thanks, I did some more research and it sounds like morphology is not cut and dry. Since his other numbers are great I don't think we need to worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->