Green food

Brockie

Reaction score
i have just started giving Fred some solids, doing carrot at the moment which he loves and just done a batch of broccoli and pea?!

what green veg recipies do you guys do? really want him to get used to veg before i do fruit xx

I did peas and then green beans first. I would really hold off on brocoli for awhile as it can be really gassy....here is something that you can look at

Broccoli is not a good choice for one of Baby's first vegetables as it may cause gas and may be a bit hard for a young infant to digest. Broccoli is best given to an infant between 8-10 months old. If your baby has had any digestive issues, it would be best to introduce broccoli into the diet later rather than sooner! As always, we recommend that you consult with your baby's pediatrician on introducing solid foods as generalities may not apply to your infant.

https://wholesomebabyfood.com/broccolibabyfoodrecipes.html

Asparagus is another that you should wait for the same reason. I think really the only greens the boys had until closer to one were the peas and green beans, I was the same way about making sure they had lots of veggies, more than fruit and trying them all first though too.

spinach ? cabbage ? not sure wether these are ok tho so make sure u check xx

Spinach is another that they recommend you wait..but until 10-12mo :) Not sure about cabbage though

I was going to suggest cabbage or maybe spring greens?

We started Hannah with peas and than went on to green beans and broccoli.

I have given Jasmine brocolli and cheese, she is almost 7 months and is just fine with it... I've only recently started.

At 4 months peas are really an excellent food... they are easy to digest. I'd stick to peas, sweet potatoes and squash etc.

When I began weaning I did apple, peas, sweet potatoe, squash, pears and rice cereal first as those things are the easiest to digest and the least likely to cause allergy.

Ive never had a prob with her having fruits and veggies, she eats it all.

Hebe LOVES broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce! She's had spinach too and was fine. Asparagus make a lovely green finger food. :)

Oh avocado is a great first food, great food in general for babies

We do avocado, cucumber, peas, green beans, and broccoli (she has only had the broc pureed with sole)

Thanks ladies i will wait to do broccoli then and do peas, corgette, avocado forgot about that one! thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->