Green nursery for a girl

Baby_brain

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am finally getting around to sorting our nursery out, which is brilliant because I am desperate to nest! I have had to wait though until my husband is able to spare the time to decorate.

We have chosen to do the nursery in a green theme with lots of animal accesories. We were given some 2nd hand curtains which are green with safari animals and are so lovely. I am really excited about the colours and about making it really special for our little girl. But some people have told me that green isn't very girly and said that I should be using pinks or purples!

Have any of you ladies encounteres similar? Or is anyone else not going pink or purple for a girl?

Reassurance please!!

That's a lovely idea. We did the Lion King theme for our daughter (and will be with our boy). The room was painted a champagne yellow with a light green stripe. I can track down some pictures if you'd like of the color. And then we had a bunch of lion king stuff put on the walls. (pictures, wall stickers, etc.) As long as you and your DH love the idea all that matters.

That's a lovely idea. We did the Lion King theme for our daughter (and will be with our boy). The room was painted a champagne yellow with a light green stripe. I can track down some pictures if you'd like of the color. And then we had a bunch of lion king stuff put on the walls. (pictures, wall stickers, etc.) As long as you and your DH love the idea all that matters.

Ooh I would love to see some pictures!

I absolutely love the idea. We have found such a lovely shade of green which will match in perfect with all of the accessories we have already got (curtains, blankets, lampshades)

We are team yellow but have our nursery completed. We have a natural ginger color on the wall and are using dark brown, light brown, greens and oranges as accent colors. It is a nature theme. I don't think green is a non girly color. But then again I am not a fan of pinks and purples so even if we knew if we were having a girl I'd still stick with the colors we chose. =) I'll post some of the pictures later as they are on my facebook and facebook is blocked at the schools where I am doing my internship.

i don't know why people only associate pink/purple with girls. I think green would be nice. :thumbup:

We are team yellow but have our nursery completed. We have a natural ginger color on the wall and are using dark brown, light brown, greens and oranges as accent colors. It is a nature theme. I don't think green is a non girly color. But then again I am not a fan of pinks and purples so even if we knew if we were having a girl I'd still stick with the colors we chose. =) I'll post some of the pictures later as they are on my facebook and facebook is blocked at the schools where I am doing my internship.

Thanks I would love to see some pictures!

I am not totally AGAINST pink or purple, I just don't see why it should have to be that way just because she is a girl. I am a girl and I LOVE green. It is nice to have some reassurance from you ladies!

We have a green nursery and we're team yellow. Part of our reason for not finding out gender is that we didn't want to fall into the trap of pinks and purples! People have been very positive about our color choice.

It seems inevitable that a little girl will eventually collect glittery girly pink/purple things, and those things will look great against green.

Our dd's nursery already had a light blue color on the walls which we both loved and decided to keep. We accessorized with girly decals and pink curtains, etc.

Thanks for all the positivity ladies! Here is a sneaky peak of my green safari curtains!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 24
I love pink, but our nursery would have been green either way. It's two tone, and we went with blue on the bottom, but if we were having a girl it would have probably been a shade of teal on the bottom, not something super girly.

You'll be looking at and admiring the room way more than your newborn, no reason not to do it whatever color you want!

Attachments

• changing table 2.jpg
    changing table 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 25
I love it! Green is so relaxing and pretty. I'm having a little girl and the room is painted a smoky blue and the area rug is yellow-so not very girly. I do have some purple wall accents to "girl" it up a little but I think gender neutral colors are so pretty and more sensible if you end up having a boy down the road. You can tell those people that they can decorate their own nursery with pinks and purples! ;)

I love pink, but our nursery would have been green either way. It's two tone, and we went with blue on the bottom, but if we were having a girl it would have probably been a shade of teal on the bottom, not something super girly.

You'll be looking at and admiring the room way more than your newborn, no reason not to do it whatever color you want!

Wow what beautiful colours! And a nicely stocked changing table too! Well done Momma!!

Am loving all this nursery talk, is totally helping with my urge to nest! Feel like I am mentally nesting!!

I love it! Green is so relaxing and pretty. I'm having a little girl and the room is painted a smoky blue and the area rug is yellow-so not very girly. I do have some purple wall accents to "girl" it up a little but I think gender neutral colors are so pretty and more sensible if you end up having a boy down the road. You can tell those people that they can decorate their own nursery with pinks and purples! ;)

Oooh smoky blue sounds lovely!

All these adventurous ladies with your colours. It is so nice to hear of something other than the usual baby blue or baby pink!

You are totally right. They can paint their nursery in pink!

We have almost exactly the same theme! Light green walls, African safari seems to be our pattern for a theme so far. Most of our stuff is green, white, beige and yellow (in that order of popularity). We're not directly telling anybody the gender, HOWEVER, we are in exactly the same boat as you for colour and baby combo ;).

I think green is a fine colour for a girl's room :)

There is nothing wrong with green for a girl. Green goes both ways. I used a light creamy yellow for our walls and have lots of green and aqua blue accessories in my daughter's room. I love it. I threw in a few pink things like a pillow and an tree picture, but I personally can't handle too much pink any more (I loved it as a little girl though). It's your nursery so decorate it how you want. When you kid gets older she may have her own ideas of what she wants in her room, but when they are tiny you can put whatever you like in there. ;-)

A) I am a woman and green is my favorite color.
B) Who cares what other people think? It isn't their home or their baby.
C) We are doing green also and we are team yellow. I have an intuition it is a girl though. We (my husband, who am I kidding) are painting this week so I can send a pic. We don't have nursery since we have a smallish apartment but we are doing half of our large bedroom as the nursery.

We are having a girl this time around and we have just painted 2 out of the 4 walls a pastel green colour, the cot bumpers we have for the cot are pink but have accents of other colours like the green we have used and blue and yellow. Now whilst we are going to get pink curtains, I don't want it all to be pink pink pink so I'm going to get some bedsheets that are in the blue colour & a cabinet that is probably going to be green.
I love pink don't get me wrong but pink overload isn't my thing, same goes for her clothes, I've made it clear to everyone that I like the idea of more than just pink!

I say just go for whatever you want, its your baby girl after all :) xx

My DD has a farm mural in her bedroom. We'd already chosen the theme before we found out we were expecting a girl. She's two now and will be shortly vacating her farm to make way for her baby sister.

With DS we did sage green walls with safari animals, but we chose it because it was neutral and we weren't going to redo it for the next baby :)haha: yea right!). Green is totally neutral!

This time we had a girl and we still went neutral, the walls are medium grey with white and yellow accents. The only pink or purple things in the room are clothes or receiving blankets!

Nurseries are so exciting to put together. Have fun!!!

With my daughter's big girl room we went with a green for walls and her bedding and wall accessories were pink flowers with a light green steam and leaves and that is what we used for the room color. It came out beautiful... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->