Green nursery for a girl

We are team yellow but have our nursery completed. We have a natural ginger color on the wall and are using dark brown, light brown, greens and oranges as accent colors. It is a nature theme. I don't think green is a non girly color. But then again I am not a fan of pinks and purples so even if we knew if we were having a girl I'd still stick with the colors we chose. =) I'll post some of the pictures later as they are on my facebook and facebook is blocked at the schools where I am doing my internship.

Thanks I would love to see some pictures!

I am not totally AGAINST pink or purple, I just don't see why it should have to be that way just because she is a girl. I am a girl and I LOVE green. It is nice to have some reassurance from you ladies!

These were taken at night and we only have 1 light in that room right now so they are a bit dark but here are the pictures.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

Sorry for the wait with pictures. I fell asleep as today is a day I'm not feeling well. (Sore throat)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/finalwolf/P1010547_zps929b0905.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/finalwolf/P1010548_zpsab7adb31.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/finalwolf/P1010543_zpsf6eea66a.jpg

I only have boys - BUT my Mom said that when I was a baby I had a blue bedroom and everyone who knew her knew that she did not fancy pink or purple and they thought blue made perfect sence!
You know your little girl won't care one way or the other. Give her lots of love and snuggles and all will be well :)

The pinkification of girls and women is so weird to me. Please go with what you makes you happy. You don't have to genderize your newborn. She's just a baby.

Green sounds lovely to me.

I went with a mint green for our baby girls room, but, I also have pink decor in there.

Loving the nursery pics ladies!

I don't think there's anything wrong with a green nursery for a girl. We don't have a nursery at the moment and dd was in our room from the start. Our kids nursery in our new place is going to be beige and floral with ivory furniture and a grey armoire. So kind of cottage themed, it'll basically be our nursery for both our dd and ds and I think it's fine. I can't wait to move!

Before having dd I saw a cute ruffled moses basket when out with mom and I told her I might get one for dd (I didn't lol) and she said she had one for me and it was blue. I asked why blue and not pink and she said she didn't know. She was never overly keen on pink for girls. Then I noticed that even when I bought stuff for dd I went for neutrals except when there just wasn't stock. I personally love pink but just don't like too much of it everywhere and prefer neutrals in terms of decor and furnishing.

I had a lot of yellow blankets as a baby. Oh and yellow, blue and pink (made by my great-grandma) because my parents didn't find out until I was born that I was a girl. But, I did have pink room growing up and I really really hate pink! When I got old enough and my parents let me pick my own color for my room I picked a neon green. Then after we moved I picked dark blue because my goal was to put a gigantic yankee sticker on the wall- but I went to college before that happened. :cry::haha:

Thanks ladies!

I am feeling so much better now! I know I should be more confident in my choices in the first place, but it is nice to know that my choice of theme isn't weird or unusual!

I can't wait to be sitting in my green nursery rocking away in my rocking chair!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->