Green Poo

Miaa

Reaction score
my 5 week old baby has had really green poo - breastfed .

wiating on nhs to call back - been waiting ages.

Anyone else know about this?

M x

really stressed he wont stop crying either

Don't know...except that my LO has had on and off green poop for about a week and a half...no other symptoms...except today she's got a fever...I've been told it could be a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance causing it...or something she is reacting to in your diet

My LO has always has green poo. I got scared when I first noticed it, but the hv kept saying it was fine (so long as she's putting on weight). I know with breastfed babies, green poo can sometimes be a sign of foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. x

Too much foremilk possibly? You need to make sure LO completely empties one boob before moving him onto the other. also gripe water gives LO green poo as does antibiotics. My LO had green poo when we found out she had cows milk protein intolerance so that's a possibility but it comes with other symptoms such as constipation and painful bottom wind.
Hope this helps!

^wss :flower: :hugs: My lo had green poo and it was because after i was switching sides too soon.

since my lo snacks and not eats... she can use the same side two or three times and then move to the next side.

Could be a sign of colic too, especially as he wont stop crying.

NHS direct have said that it could be caused by a number of reasons and that it is pale poo that they worry about. He is eating fine and has no temperature and is wetting nappies frquently then he is ok. May be something I have eaten but who knows what.......

Thanks for your replies ladies... im still a bit confused but hey I am reassured by the nhs nurse and yourselves by knowing that its not just my baby

Glad you're feeling reassured. I'm going thru the same thing and took my lo to the doctors last week and was told if she's ok in herself and putting weight on not to worry, it's actually very common betwen the ages of 5-10 weeks and is simply down to the baby taking so much goodness from my milk that there is nothing left and it's bile staining it green. So it's not always down to foremilk hindmilk imbalance or food intolerance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->