green poop..or not?

Sarah lo

mum of 2 little monkeys!
Reaction score
Wesley has had a few strange poos in the last couple of days. They look green in his nappy but when I wipe his bum and look at the wipe it looks yellow (sorry TMI!). He's had a lot of bottom wind lately too.

He did just get his 8 week vaccinations last Thursday and the doctor warned me he could have a bad tummy for a few days after. Would that be cause of the strange poop? Or does it mean there's a problem with his feeding?

We have just gone through about 10 days of green pooh, it started after her second round of shots too. She was very gassy and fussy on the breast too. I started making her finish a breast and they came right.

Thanks HBGirl. come to think of it, he's been so fussy with his feeds lately that I end up spending a lot of time swapping him from side to side and perhaps he's not really emptying either breast during a feed. He also seems to have a lot of little snacky type feeds (maybe due to the hot weather?) Which again could maybe mean he's not emptying the breast?

I've heard green poo can be due to baby consuming too much lactose. Your milk has the most lactose at the beginning of a feed. The longer you feed, the creamier and fattier the milk becomes, which processes the lactose. If you are switching sides often, your baby may be getting only foremilk and not enough hindmilk to process the lactose. If this happens over a long period of time, it can be a problem, but it's not going to hurt him if that's what he needs for this short time after shots. Just make his poo colorful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->