Green turned brown avocado puree??

tattlebaby

Reaction score
I made my first batch of Organic Avocado for baby and added water to help smooth it out to a consistency of pudding, but as soon as I cut open the avocado it started to brown on me :shrug:..I was so mad :growl mad:, especially because I tried it twice. I followed a tutorial step-by-step from a youtube video and the person doing it said nothing about the avocado turning brown on them. I saw it with my own eyes and it really didn't. Then when I went to check up on it again, the top layer was brown but not underneath, yet it wasn't fully lime green either. What did I do wrong? Theirs looked lime green :thumb up:, mine looked light brown, very unappetizing :(..any tips please??

My avocados always turn brown too. They taste fine though, I don't worry about it :shrug:

Like potatoes or apples, avocados oxidize when exposed to oxygen. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with it as long as it's fresh, but it won't look especially pretty. You can add a bit of lemon juice to it to keep it green (the acid stops the oxidation process). Your baby may or may not like this though. But if you use it right away (you won't be able to store it in the fridge or freezer without it going brown), you shouldn't notice too much colour change. And even if you do, it's perfectly fine to eat, though I wouldn't try to store it. Just make it fresh and use it fresh and put the rest on a salad for you if you like so it's not wasted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->