greenish poo??

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
the last couple of nappy changes when lucy has had a poo it has been like a green colour? anyone no what this is? and should i be worried?

If you're breastfeeding then it's because she's taking in a lot of the foremilk, which is more sugary and so gives a greener colour. Had this problem a little with my first and hugely with the second. In my experience it's not a problem as they continue to gain weight it just looks strange.
After going to a B/F clinic they suggested expressing the early milk before or just after baby has latched on - no real need to keep milk so just into a muslin or bib - particularly if you have a fast supply. Then pop baby back on and she'll get to the hind milk faster. It's called 'oversupply syndrome'. If you find it keeps happening (green poo) you can try to restrict feeding to just one side per feed. This is perfectly fine and if you tandem feed twins that's what happens anyway, so it's a matter of getting the balance right.

my baby had a few greenish poos so i phoned the health visitor as i was worried. she told me it is associated to his terrible wind. Ali is bottle fed formula and expressed breast milk.

hope this helps.

Christine
X

Caitlyn has dark green poo and the HV said it's because she gets dehydrated. I guess they make lots of excuses. I have been told aslong as it's not black, purple, or too watery, then it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->