Grey hairs

Skye1

Reaction score
OMG

Is this another great part of pregnancy ?

I have grey hairs sprouting out of no where !!! HELP! :shrug::shrug:

Anyone else found this ? :dohh:

I've definitely gone greyer since parenthood, not good when you're very very dark :nope:

I am 34 though so I suppose i wasn't going to get away with it much longer anyway. Boo.

Luckily i've found a semi-permanent Nice'n'Easy that is virtually an exact match for my natural colour. I never wanted to go down that route but the 'salt&pepper' look just ain't me!

Nah I think its a genetic thing.....you get your hair from your mum so if she went gray young or old then you will too....but maybe pregnancy has just speeded up the process...but yeah having kids does usually give you grey hairs....just wait til it falls out after pregnancy thats more upsetting!!!!!!! x

I haven't dared look!
But I have noticed my 'granny hairs' (you know, the weird thick one that appears on my chin and arm (I know, arm! weird!)) have turned a glorious white and are re-growing fast... tweezers to the rescue!!! :)

Nah I think its a genetic thing.....you get your hair from your mum so if she went gray young or old then you will too....but maybe pregnancy has just speeded up the process...but yeah having kids does usually give you grey hairs....just wait til it falls out after pregnancy thats more upsetting!!!!!!! x

My mum's 65 and hardly got any..... :shrug: my dad is 66 and has only gone salt and pepper in the past 20 yrs or so

I found 2 last night... now they have 'vanished' :haha: Thankfully my hairdresser has a colour than matches my natural one exactly! (I know this from dying over the blue, pink, purple, orange, yellow, green, red and lilac that is have dyed my hair!)

I have been going grey since I was 9! now I am 28 and pregnant and it seems to have sped up the process, as they do seem to be more noticeable. If you are comfortable dying it then do that. I have to do mine every 3 weeks its that bad lol!! I really look like an evil witch with my dark hair and stupid amount of grey! :witch:

My mum's 65 and hardly got any..... :shrug: my dad is 66 and has only gone salt and pepper in the past 20 yrs or so[/QUOTE]

I only know that through my hairdresser and also from I have read over the years.....but ur hair is a genetic thing and always come from the mother so if your brother or husband etc is going bald its generally from their mothers father...that make sense?

My ex has salt and pepper hair and has a full head of hair yet his dad is bald as a coot but apprently his mother aka the dragon :) well his mothers dad had full head of hair til he died!!!

Who knows :winkwink:

Gee I hope it's Genetic from your mothers's side!!! My mom will be 45 tomorrow and hasn't found one grey hair on her head yet..... I figured it was cause she just didn't give a damn whether she was entire grey or not and that's just how the world worked and I would be doomed.... but I like the genetics idea better :D

I have three annoying shiny silver hair sprouting from the top of my head. It is extra horrible when it grows in a squiggly curly manner much like pubic hair while all my other dark brown/black hair falls straight. The beauty of pregnancy, eh?

Have been going grey since i was about 21.... But i seem to take after my nan on my dad's side... Would love to have taken after my mums side of the family they all still had their natural colours past 60... my mum has less grey than me and has done for quite some time.:dohh:

LOL! These replies are hilarious! I love it!

I have a couple white hairs, one in my eyebrow that gets regular removal treatment. But I've yet to find a gray one until this morning!!! My mom is 65 and she doesn't have ANY gray hair!! My dad just doesn't have hair. Period, lol!

What surprised me was when it turned gray because it was just the root. The rest of the hair is blonde!

I have this one single white hair which grows out of the front on my neck! WTF! Haha because its white I often miss it and it gets really long (cant believe im admitting this..) lol I normally slap my partner and say why didnt you tell me, I look like a bearded women!

I find this post so funny because I thought I was reading MY thread, which I posted literally 1 minute after you. Apparently we are both going gray and it's a symptom of pregnancy!

I have been going grey since my early 20s, but it definitely started to spread like wildfire since my first pregnancy. Although I am now 34 so that could be part of it as well. It doesn't help that my hair grows ridiculously fast so I almost always have grey roots coming in, as if I didn't feel old already being pregnant in my mid thirties! My two older sisters don't have a single grey hair and neither of my parents started to go grey until well into their 50s, so not sure how I lucked out on this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->