grey matter hetertropia

For some reason I just decided to pop into this forum. I have grey matter heterotopia. It's nothing very serious and it's nice that the doctors noticed it. What you're likely to expect is seizures when your child is in his/her teens. With all the new meds, the likelihood is they'll be well controlled (after many combinations I finally found the right one 15 years later). It may have some implications later on in life if it's a female in regards to possibility of it become genetic. I haven't had the genetic testing but it is available.

I wanted to pass on hugs but say that it's nothing to stop anyone from living. I'm a registered nurse working in neurologist, married a wonderful man and am presently trying for a family. :D

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

For some reason I just decided to pop into this forum. I have grey matter heterotopia. It's nothing very serious and it's nice that the doctors noticed it. What you're likely to expect is seizures when your child is in his/her teens. With all the new meds, the likelihood is they'll be well controlled (after many combinations I finally found the right one 15 years later). It may have some implications later on in life if it's a female in regards to possibility of it become genetic. I haven't had the genetic testing but it is available.

I wanted to pass on hugs but say that it's nothing to stop anyone from living. I'm a registered nurse working in neurologist, married a wonderful man and am presently trying for a family. :D

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Thanks a million for your reply - nice to hear something a bit more positive - theres some scarey stuff out there but i guess people mostly only post things online when there are problems or when looking for advice so you dont often get to hear the better stuff!!

good luck with the ttc :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"