Grinding teeth

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Sam's been grinding his top and bottom teeth together all week and I can't stand it! It's one of those noises that makes me shiver and he's doing it ALL the time when I'm holding him!

Please tell me it's just because he's now got top and bottom teeth through and it's not going to carry on for the next year?! x

OMG, Hannah does this too, it's a horrible sound! Her top 2 teeth have only come through in this last week. I really hope its just something they just do for a short while whilst they get used to the feeling of having these new teeth!!

OMG, Hannah does this too, it's a horrible sound! Her top 2 teeth have only come through in this last week. I really hope its just something they just do for a short while whilst they get used to the feeling of having these new teeth!!

That's what I'm hoping - Sam's top ones have only come through in the last week too..the second one came through the gum yesterday. I need it to stop! :rofl: x

I am so glad to read this as Brennan has been doing the same thing. UGH, it is a horrible sound.

I do it in my sleep...always have done:blush:

Hope for you that he is just going thru a stage!

I do it in my sleep...always have done:blush:

Hope for you that he is just going thru a stage!

OH does sometimes too! Hope he's not still going to be doing it at OH's age :rofl: (at least he doesn't do it all day every day while dribbling everywhere!) x

Ethan as just stopped this and he is 21 months old lol

Think I'll have to invest in some ear plugs too - a bulk order!

Katie is still doing it and I feel like dying everytime I hear the sound :dohh:

Think I'll have to invest in some ear plugs too - a bulk order!

:rofl:

Katie is still doing it and I feel like dying everytime I hear the sound :dohh:

I'm not liking these replies!! :rofl: I was kind of hoping people would reply saying 'Don't worry - it's just because the teeth are new and it'll only last a couple of days'! :hissy: x

No, sorry, I'm a bad replier.. lol.

Colton used to do it all the time, does't do it AS much now; but usually a couple to a few times a day. The other day he was feeling dandy in the furniture store and kept doing it OVER and OVER and OVER. He's had teeth (bottom and top) since he was 5 months, so it's been going on for awhile now.. no end it siiiiight!

Grinding teeth is so normal and babies will keep doing it until all their teeth are through or until they all settle down it is a sign that their teeth are on the move, basically babies grind when teeth are coming because they can feel the teeth moving in the gum, if you watch you will see that they will stop and start and you may notice they grind at different parts of their mouth, Dec is grinding at the front at the minute because he has canines coming through, but last month he was grinding at the back and he got 4 molars !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->