Grobags

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Wobbles, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Anyone use or used these at night instead of normal blankets?

:D

2. Tilly

Tilly Guest

Used and still use, they are great. :)

3. Helen

Helen ICSI Twins + miracle BFP

I've not used them, but my brother has used them for my nephew because he has a tendancy to kick off the covers and wake himself and them up. I think you just need to be a bit careful about the tog rating. I know a few people who were looking for them for summer babies (not a problem you're going to have!) and they couldn't get a low enough tog.

4. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Will have tolook up the recommended tog - Do you know Tilly?

Tilly what do you do underneath ... sleepsuit?

5. Hels

Hels Well-Known Member

We had them for Charlotte up til about 10 months, I used to put her in a vest and sleep suit in winter and then in summer I managed to find a low tog, and we just had a sleepsuit on with the grobag.
    I think you'll find what is best for you Wobbles depending on how warm your house is etc!

6. Imi

Imi .

I use them with madeleine and i have got one here for ellie ...

There GREAT!

xxx

7. Tilly

Tilly Guest

The tog depends on your room temperature. We go for the 1 tog when it's high summer (as suggested) and 2.5 for the rest of the year. They recommend a vest sometimes if it's very hot, but we always put Bethanie in a sleepsuit or sleepsuit without feet (not sure of their name) as her arms get really freezing.

Heres a good guide from the Grobag site: http://www.gro-group.co.uk/grobag/sizes-togs-and-what-to-wear/

:)

By the way I just wanted to add - they do give you guidelines on what your baby should wear, but use it as a rough guide (im not saying to put your baby in a 2.5 tog bag, in a vest and sleepsuit in a 26o nursery, just don't follow it exactly;)). We did at first, I would constantly panic she would overheat or be too cold and was worried to put an extra layer on just in case lol.

8. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

I think they are fantastic! jamie still goes to sleep in one now! cant reccommend them enough ! lol

9. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Cheers girls think I may use them :D

10. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Grobags are the best! Charlie won't wear one now, so he wakes up when he's kicked his sheets off.:hissy:

During the winter, we put Charlie in a vest and sleepsuit under his grobag, but in the summer, we just put him in a long-sleeve vest. They're quite hard to find, so I used to stock up on different size long-sleeve vests when I saw any. I found some great things in Tesco's a couple of months ago - they were long sleeved with poppers down the front like babygrows, but had the bottoms like a grobag. But they were made of the same material as a babygrow. So, basically, a babygrow with sleeping bag shape. Great for the hot weather.

11. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

ive never used them rhys is quite a still sleeper and has never kicked off blankets!

12. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Olivia still wears a grobag at 19 months, I think they're great.

Originally I bought a "Grobag" one from John Lewis for £25.00 but then I kept seeing "sleep sacs" in supermarkets and other shops for around £12. I've been buying these ones as I can't fault the quality and do the same job, just half the price.