Grocery shopping. What's your budget?

It depends, I tend to go every day so £30-£40 a day but atm I have so many birthdays and parties for my LO's I am controlling the spending more, this week I spent £48 ish in Tesco and we've done a £10 top up x

ETA that is for me, DH, an almost ten year old, eight year old an almost six year old.

We don't have a budget really but we can spend anything from 80 to 120 on the weekly shop

We budget €60-70 a week, but since aldi opened in town it's less than that :)

I probably spend around $100 a week on groceries for 4 of us. I use coupons when I have them for items like cereal, etc. but I don't refrain from buying other things we want just because they aren't on sale. Which is probably why our weekly bill is so high.

TBH, though, I think I spent just as much when it was just 2 of us, but at that time, we were able to buy a lot more luxury items like steaks, seafood, etc, and it was no big deal because we didn't have child expenses.

We spend £50 ish a week that doesn't include nappies. xxx

We spend £80-£100 a month. Thats for me, OH, DD1 (6), DS (4) & DD2 (13m). We're hoping to cut it down alot over the next few months though.

about 200 euro a months, i dont keep track of it exactly, we just look that we break even at the end of the month :)

Errm it depends really.

This week I meal planned and spent £15 in the co-op. That's for just me (LO eats at nursery)

If I go to the supermarket I can spend between £30-50 if I don't plan ahead.

Oh and at the butchers most people say what they want in money. So, £5 in monies worth of chicken breasts etc. But as PP said, you can compare the price per kilo as the supermarket meat is labeled per kilo. It does normally work out cheaper per kg.

About $120 a week but that includes formula which is Nutramigen so it's pretty expensive

Well we can easily spend £130 a week, the 3 of us.
Dh not living here the past 2 weeks but has eaten here a bit.
I'm not making his lunches for work but occasionally he eats 2 meals at home.
I'm going to do this little exercise because I think I'm in denial about what I spend.
8/4/14 - waitrose (I get 15% discount) £49.03
11/4/14 - tesco £9.32
12/4:14 - waitrose £9.63
15/4:14 - waitrose £48.65
17/4/14 - ALDI £41.36
19/4/14 - waitrose £23.96
21/4/14 - waitrose £13.56
24/4/14 - Sainsbury's £52.96 (should have been £67.96 but I had 15 off home delivery)
24/4/14- tesco £40.12
25/4/14 - home bargains and Iceland £9.30.
We have also eaten out in this time too.
That's all nappies, household, toiletries etc.
Xx

I was reading through everyone's posts and I am seriously jelly. I need to learn how to cut down but I really have no idea how. Produce/Milk is SUPER expensive here on/off the market.

The meat here isn't so badly priced I think, but honestly, I don't trust it enough to buy from a local butcher shop here. :wacko:

Try to do a top up once in a while... for example at the beginning of the month we went to tesco and spent 150 this got all the big buys ; dishwasher tabs, toilet roll, bath stuff, cleaning products. . Etc etc filled up the freezer with chips, pizzas, quorn products etc. Got packs of tinned beans etc all the stuff that keeps

Then throughout the month we can nip in and just pick up smaller bits so 15 - 30 a week (depending on what has ran out) 8 pound on the market buying fruit and veg... honestly if anyone has the option of buying from a market DO IT. Supermarkets are seriously ripping you off. Also I try and go to home bargains on payday and stock up for the month on "snacks" and lunch box food :)

I spend roughly £50 a week for 4 of us, sometimes I go a little over if I need nappies but I try to get them in on a cheap week and buy a months worth xx

my budget is £25 a week for myself & my 3 yr old.
my monthly food shop comes to about £80 - including cleaning stuff etc. then i spend about £5 a week on top ups of milk & bread etc xx

I do a big shop of 100 at the beginning of the month then 2 shops of 50 and the odd 5 of milk and bread ect. The last week of the month I don't go shopping but eat everything that's left as I was finding it was being left for weeks on end if I didn't do this.

On food alone, no toiletries or house stuff?

For 2, we spend £100 (approx $168 USD) a month.

Hard to say, but it seems like a whole lot compared to all of you which we really can't afford! :( I tend to shop at the big stores so might buy anything from food to diapers to clothes, books, batteries, medicine, etc… So honestly I don't know what I spend on food!

I did buy a bunch of fruit and veggies yesterday at a produce stand and it came to $17. I gave a little to MIL. DH also grows a few veggies and some herbs and so does his dad who gives us some when he has it available.

LO has been so picky lately I just buy things for him to try and hope he eats, but his tastes change weekly.

I was reading through everyone's posts and I am seriously jelly. I need to learn how to cut down but I really have no idea how. Produce/Milk is SUPER expensive here on/off the market.

The meat here isn't so badly priced I think, but honestly, I don't trust it enough to buy from a local butcher shop here. :wacko:

What does a gallon of milk cost? Here's it's around $4.30-$5ish. That's for regular non-organic milk.

In the uk the big supermarkets have started doing 4 uk pints (2.27L) for £1 .
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->