Grocery shopping. What's your budget?

I was reading through everyone's posts and I am seriously jelly. I need to learn how to cut down but I really have no idea how. Produce/Milk is SUPER expensive here on/off the market.

The meat here isn't so badly priced I think, but honestly, I don't trust it enough to buy from a local butcher shop here. :wacko:

What does a gallon of milk cost? Here's it's around $4.30-$5ish. That's for regular non-organic milk.

It's about the same here as well. We found that buying the cartons is a bit cheaper, so like 4x cartons of milk is a gallon and comes to about $4 even, rather than $5 for the gallon itself. Lol.

I do a big shop £190 £200 that last three weeks and and then for the rest of the month Food top ups like milk bread ect I would say I allow £10 a week I also get fruit and vegtable boxes as we tend to use up are fresh fruit and veg really quickly.

I'd love to know how some of you manage!
We spend about £100 a week for two adults a 4yr and 2yr old, that includes lunchbox for ds1 and DH, nappies and cleaning stuff etc. it's probably more when I add in asking DH to grab a loaf or a bottle of pop or something on the way home. I'm expecting it to go up when the new baby arrives too with extra nappies and then eventually weaning.
We used to spend about £60 a week and i always felt depressed because we never had any nice food in or treats!

I'd love to know how some of you manage!
We spend about £100 a week for two adults a 4yr and 2yr old, that includes lunchbox for ds1 and DH, nappies and cleaning stuff etc. it's probably more when I add in asking DH to grab a loaf or a bottle of pop or something on the way home. I'm expecting it to go up when the new baby arrives too with extra nappies and then eventually weaning.
We used to spend about £60 a week and i always felt depressed because we never had any nice food in or treats!

I'm the same way! We've been living here since November and I am really trying to get the hang of budgeting and meal planning. :shrug:

£70 a week for food, cleaning products, toiletries and nappies. We shop at Aldi and always manage to get tons and well within the budget. X

But to add when we used to shop at Tesco it was much more. We did the 'swap and save' thing and now I'm firmly with Aldi! I sound like the people on the adverts but it's true!

But to add when we used to shop at Tesco it was much more. We did the 'swap and save' thing and now I'm firmly with Aldi! I sound like the people on the adverts but it's true!

I agree I can get ALOT of food/drink for £30-40 there and then I just top up a few name brands from asda. Iv tried many of there products and meats/frozen goods/fruit/veg/baby items all just as good as asda

DH puts £500 in my account every month and it's divided as £100 a week and £100 for top us and toiletries.

I spend: £60 a week which converts to around $100. So £240/$403
Feeds: 2 adults, 1 toddler, 2 dogs, 1 cat and includes all toiletries, cleaning supplies, nappies etc.

I think food in the UK is cheaper than in the US so I have an advantage there already. I only buy reduced meat and freeze it as meat costs so much (though I did buy a KG of brisket a few days ago because it looked so yummy). I make as much as I can from scratch and I use a lot of budget recipes (look up agirlcalledJack).

I use Tesco as a) I live on a mountain and don't drive so lugging a lot of shopping home is a big no b) it comes up cheaper for me when I use mysupermarket and c) they're forever sending me money off coupons.

We used to very easily spend £120-£150 a week in Tesco but we've cut it right down now by shopping in Lidl and spend around £60-£70 :)

We spend £70-£80 a week in tesco, plus the odd top up of £10-£20. That doesn't include toiletries as I use boots skincare, but it does include bubble bath and shower gel etc.

I tend to do lots of little shops, and I'm incredibly fortunate that I don't have to budget.
And I don't shop regularly, I would tend to do a huge shop of about £150 when I feel the house is getting a little empty. A big butchers shop that I then freeze, cupboard essentials, any toiletries and cleaning products we need. Plus 'long lasters' (potatoes, carrots, onions) from a farm shop.

Then I will spend about £30 a week on the like of salad, bread, missed bits etc.

Essentials for me are, tuna, frozen veg, tinned toms and pasta. Then no matter what happens, wether a shop is missed or friends arrive unexpectedly I have a lovely, bonafide, meal I can throw together.

We budget £60 a week for all
food, drink, cleaning, nappies etc

If I could I would get this even lower.
Next week I am off to the local butchers
as they had some good offers on the
other day.

This week we spent £40 at Aldi
because we already had meat
and nappies.

xx

We budget about £200 a month sometimes a little more sometimes less x

Users who are viewing this thread