GROUP B STREP (GBS) AND INDUCTION

jocatolo

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Hi all i don't know if anyone can help or if this is the right place to post this, I'm a known carrier of GBS and have to have an antibiotic drip during labour as they don't test here in the uk to find out if it is live or not during pregnancy. My only concern was is that i was only aware of my labour for 22 minutes with my last baby and the antibiotic drip is supposed to be given 4 hours before apparently. Does anyone know if you can be induced for this reason to ensure i get the adequate medication to prevent any chance of my baby being infected? Thanks x

I thought that antibiotics could be given for this after labour?

I thought that antibiotics could be given for this after labour?

Yes i heard they can be given to the baby after labour should they not get them but it seems like a huge risk to take. I was wondering if maybe there is a test i can get done privately? Does anyoone know?

You can get a reliable test privately and they cost around £32 - I think it's ridiculous it's not available on the NHS. There's loads of info about this on the Group B Strep Support website at www.gbss.org.uk.

Sorry - don't know about induction, but the guys at Group B Strep Support probably would!

You should be under a consultant who can and will test you by your 37th week of pregnancy.

You will be a priority as your previous labour and birth was very quick, they should be fully aware of this and ensure that you are treated as high risk and prioritised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->