Growth scan at 28 weeks

Redhead84

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you are all well.

I have just been sent a letter saying that I need to have a growth scan at 28 weeks despite being classed as low risk with everything progressing normally.

Apparently they think that my son was on the small side at 7lb 1 when he was born and did "not reach his full potential". Surely 7lb is not small.

They assure me that its very much routine but can't help feeling a bit concerned. Has anyone else had this?

Never had this but don't want to read and run. Sounds like it is routine to check on baby in the beginning of third tri, but I don't know what this business is about your LO being born small. 7 lbs doesn't seem that small but I am FTM

Was your DS born very late? 7lbs is average x

He was a week late but no one was ever worried about his/my size when I was pregnant with him - I measured right on track.

I'm going to speak to my midwife about it next week, thinking about it overnight and I may be oversensitive but it feels a little insulting - or its a lame excuse to do some data gathering (is my mind working overtime?!?!)

Hi there, I have to have a growth scan next week at 28 weeks, this is my third baby and the only reason I have to have them is because my daughter who is now 8,was born at 41weeks at 5lb6oz, yet my son now 4 was born at 38weeks at 6lb8oz.i had to have scans every 2weeks with my son. My m.w. Said I can refuse to have them so I'm going to the first growth scan and as long as all is good I may do that this time. Xx

You can always say you don't want it. Or look at is an excuse to get a glimps of LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->