growth scan at 30+1 ... birth weight?

divershona

Mummy to Kaya :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I had a growth scan yesterday (30 weeks and 1 day) for my little boy and everything is great, he's bang on the top percentile line for weight and they estimated that he currently weighs 4lb 1oz.

does anyone know how much more weight he should be putting on by due date?

I'll be having a c-section at 39 weeks (providing everything is still okay at 36 week growth scan and I don't go into labour before that) so obviously he'll be a bit earlier than due date, but just wanting a rough idea of how much he's going to weigh.

How much did your LO's weigh about 30 weeks? and how much did they weigh at birth or at later scans?

If ur in the uk your maternity notes probably have a graph on which they plot the baby's growth. If you see from it what percentile line your LO is on, then follow that line across to 39 weeks it should give you a rough idea.

Hey Hun I'm in same spot... I am havig a section at 39 weeks and had my growth scan at 33 weeks and he measured 4.45 pounds...they did say weight can be up to 300grams (nearly a pound) off ...

I am also curious as to what he will be so will be stalking.

well looking at the chart in my notes, it looks as though my little boy will be about 8lb 13oz at 39 weeks when he's born! eeeek!

Iwantabub - looking at my chart i think you're little one would be about 6.8lb at 39 weeks

I have a suspicion mines a late bloomer coz all dh kids were 9 pounders and so was I lol... Or maybe he will be the opposite lol...

Good luck with yours ... :)

Wow, 4 lbs 1 oz is large for a 30 week old baby. He sounds like he is going to be a big guy. Usually they can give you an estimate of the baby's birth weight after the scan or you can even ask your OBGYN their estimate at your next appointment. I seen you already figured it out through the charts though. 8 lbs 13 oz is a big baby but remember ultrasounds are not always right. I have heard of people who are told they have a 9 pounder only to give birth to a 4 pound baby. So do not set any expectations hun but who knows - he may very well be that big! Good luck with your c-section both of my kid's were c-section babies too. :)

Wow, 4 lbs 1 oz is large for a 30 week old baby. He sounds like he is going to be a big guy. Usually they can give you an estimate of the baby's birth weight after the scan or you can even ask your OBGYN their estimate at your next appointment. I seen you already figured it out through the charts though. 8 lbs 13 oz is a big baby but remember ultrasounds are not always right. I have heard of people who are told they have a 9 pounder only to give birth to a 4 pound baby. So do not set any expectations hun but who knows - he may very well be that big! Good luck with your c-section both of my kid's were c-section babies too. :)

my DD was 8lb 11oz at 40+4 so I don't think they are far off his weight, OH was 9lb 1oz at 40 weeks when he was born too so chances are he'll be big. DS's got big long legs too :D

I had a scan at just over 29 weeks and baby was less than 3lbs at that point, in the 8th percentile. My doc explained that before 32 weeks he doesn't like to look at the percentiles as he says babies grow at such different rates that she may "catch up" by 32 weeks. I have another scan scheduled for then. However that being said I am only 5'1" and hubby is around 5'5" so we're not big people. My OB has been guessing right around 6lbs. We'll see if he's right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->