Growth scan - baby measuring small. What to expect?

I had an emergency growth scan at 35 weeks, baby was found to be measuring small. (between the 5th and 10th centiles) so they said I had to go back for another growth scan 2 weeks later, baby had grown but was still below the 10th centile. The consultant said that in an otherwise healthy pregnancy it wouldn't be a concern as baby is still within normal ranges but small. However, with me having excessive vomiting and baby originally being on the 50th centiles I'm now being monitored twice a week and checked weekly to see if I'm favourable for induction xx

Thanks Katy,

Hope it all goes well for you. How are you feeling?

:hugs:

Mainly just want him here now, everytime I have a hospital appointment I get myself all ready mentally for them to say they're going to induce me. Then they don't :dohh: But I know he'll be here soon enough xx

It sounds like you have had a tough pregnancy. When is your next appointment?

I had an emergency growth scan at 35 weeks, baby was found to be measuring small. (between the 5th and 10th centiles) so they said I had to go back for another growth scan 2 weeks later, baby had grown but was still below the 10th centile. The consultant said that in an otherwise healthy pregnancy it wouldn't be a concern as baby is still within normal ranges but small. However, with me having excessive vomiting and baby originally being on the 50th centiles I'm now being monitored twice a week and checked weekly to see if I'm favourable for induction xx

Thanks Katy,

Mainly just want him here now, everytime I have a hospital appointment I get myself all ready mentally for them to say they're going to induce me. Then they don't :dohh: But I know he'll be here soon enough xx

Tuesday. It's been pretty awful tbh, I've been sick the whole time, numerous times a day. But at the same time I've kind of got used to it. Not sure I'll be having a second in a hurry :lol: xx

Thanks Katy,

Tuesday. It's been pretty awful tbh, I've been sick the whole time, numerous times a day. But at the same time I've kind of got used to it. Not sure I'll be having a second in a hurry :lol: xx

I was sick until 17 weeks and that was bad enough, so I can't imagine what it would be like to be still sick. I will keep my fingers crossed that something happens before Tuesday or they can start things up on Tuesday

Hi
I'm just replying back to say don't worry if you are measuring smaller than the number of weeks you are.

My son was born in 2007 & from week 34 he didn't seem to grow. At full term he weighed 5lb 1/2 oz (2.88kg approx). I was induced, but didn't dilate so ended up with CS. He was healthy at time of birth.

Approx 10hrs after birth his body temp dropped & blood sugar level dropped. This is quite natural is had a CS. He was taken to special care where he stayed for 1week. He also never took to breast feeding. He would take by cup or suringe only whilst there.
I eventually decided to bottle feed him as I also wasn't making enough milk, this is sometimes the case when having CS.
Other wise all was ok. please do not worry. He is now thriving.
Take care
Bubbly22:thumbup:

I had growth scan @34wks its howed baby 4lb 11oz
at 35+5 baby was 5lb 6oz estimated and
at birth 37+5 he weighted 5lb 6.5oz

Thanks for the replies. I had the growth scan last week and the baby is of average size so they will let me go into labour naturally. It was a relief so now it is just a waiting game :)

In my experience they are absolutely rubbish at predicting babies weights. FH can be so inaccurate. I measured small from about 30 weeks pregnant and had a few growth scans. They told me she had short legs which I was devstated about for some reason! I have short legs so I dont know what I was expecting!! Thinking back now - there definition of short was about 2mm below average which is nothing!!

I had Lola at full term and she was 5lb 12 which is on the small side but not teeny tiny!

Good luck for your scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"