Growth scan- static growth & on 10th centile

MrsJones1986

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Anyone had a growth scan in 3rd trimester for static growth? Just got back from my midwife appointment and I am measuring 31cm at 34weeks (the same as I was 3 weeks ago).

I started out at 28weeks about a cm over 90th centile and now at 34weeks I am just on 10th centile.

Heard baby's heartbeat and he/she is very active. Should I be worried? Anyone has any experience of this?

Sorry I can't help - I have a scan tomorrow and baby was only on 10th centile last time (28 weeks) so will see what it says tomorrow. Did a doctor not review the scan report afterwards and make a plan..?

Sorry, I must not have explained properly. Measured via fundal height today. Been referred for a scan, but not until Thursday

I wouldn't worry Hun where fundal height is concerned, it's really not an exact science, at 28 weeks I was measuring 32cm so they sent me for a growth scan as they assumed baby was big, turns out baby is actually small for dates so I have to go back in a couple of weeks for another scan, I don't go much on fundal height personally, each midwife can measure you differently depending how they do it too, good luck for your scan though I hope everything goes ok x

Sorry, my mistake - I didn't open the picture to full screen, I would've seen the words 'fundal height' if i had, lol!
All I can say is try not to worry too much as fundal height can be subjective and unreliable, depending on how baby is laying etc and the majority of growth scans arranged as a result of fundal height measurements come out fine :)

I wouldn't worry very much love I am 34 weeks but at my 11 week scan baby was measuring a week behind so 33 weeks by docs at 30 weeks she was measuring on track and head down and this week she is measuring 31cm fundal height but I think because she is transverse she is harder to measure atm I'm back on wed to midwife but she didn't seem to worried xxx

I did with my first. measured on track right through till I hit 30 weeks, started measuring 29cm then at 34 weeks I was still 29cm. so got sent for a scan a week later. turned out he had stopped growing and my placenta had started to fail.
now i'm not saying its happening to you, how baby is laying can effect your fundel height. with this one at 30 weeks I was 31cm at 31 weeks 29cm and same today 29cm at 32 weeks. had a scan today and everything with baby is fine, placenta and cord are good too.

I am finding that fundal height measurements are plotting in a different place to growth scan measurements. Not sure which is more reliable (guessing the scans) however ive heard both can be quite a bit out!

Update*
When I went back last we'd baby was pros oblique so more head down and midwife said by funds height she was aaccually measuring a little ahead at just over 34cm so was nothing to worry about just the way she was lying the week before x

I was measuring 29cm yesterday so was sent for scan and baby is perfect size for dates and weighing 3lb 13oz. Try not to worry it could just be the way baby is lay x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->