Growth Scan - Worried

mellylou88

Mummy To A Baby Boy
Reaction score
Went to see midwife last week and she measured bump and he has had a massive growth spurt, way off the line graph. 5cm (in 3 week) at 34 weeks

She has booked me in for a scan on thursday so they can measure baby again, but she weighed me and I've only put on a stone since november and average should be around 2 stone...I'm confused & worried!

When people ask me how I went on at midwife and say I need a growth scan people reply with oh no! Which makes me worry more!

Any advise on growth scans or experiences will be great... Thanks :)

Hiya,

Please dont worry too much. I had a scare last week. When the MW measures you, she is measuring all of you, the baby, the waters, etc etc.

I was measuring off the 90th line then I had a scan this week and im just on the 50th so try not to worry.

Ive put on 2 stone but everyone is different and your bod has put on as much it needs to.

It will be fine, dont worry :)

Don't put too much stock in them. My daughter was meant to be some sort of giant baby. Fast-forward 6 months and shes 9th percentile for length and still in a lot of 0-3 stuff! Was 86th percentile according to scans.

I know I stressed heavily about it at the time, but it is even hard to remember it all now. I'm sure your baby is fine.

Try not to worry, I was the opposite and sent for a growth scan as fundal height was not growing at the text book 1cm per week... Went for 3 scans to ensure baby was still growing, was told he would be on the small side and ended up having a perfectly average 7lb 5oz baby boy.

I don't think they tell you much about it, so then you start to overthink things. When I stand up I feel huge and then when I'm sat down its like where is that huge bump gone?!

Fundal height measuring is so innacurate, baby's position is usually the biggest reason as to why someone may be measuring big or small. I have a growth scan on Tuesday due to high BMI and measuring 3 weeks ahead, but I had this with my little girl too and she was a very respectable 7lbs 7oz at birth. x

Fundal height is widely inaccurate.

My fundal is 90th centile, and at private scan she measures 50th, so average.

Don't be worried before your scan, what will be will be, I'm sure your little one is just fine, enjoy seeing baby again!!

I measured quite small according to fundal height but she was in 70% according to the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->