Growth scan yesterday :/

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
I was measuring 41cm at 34 week appointment so midwife sent me for a growth scan, iv always measured a few cm ahead but it was always consistently so whereas there was a big leap in size mw wanted it checked to be sure baby isn't growing too much, had the scan yesterday at 34+5 and baby is weighing 6lb, they said baby is on the larger side but not too large, but when I follow the line baby is following it shows it's pretty much going to be the same sort of size if not a little bigger than my 2nd baby who weighed 9lb 6.5oz :/ now I know a lot of people have birthed bigger and iv been told that a few times since the scan BUT my son got stuck! He got stuck with his eyes and nose out, he took a breath and then was stuck and little did we know the cord was round his neck preventing him from taking another breath and he was going bluer and bluer, it only took me 6 mins to push him out (midwife had to pull him to dislodge him) but in that time he was unresponsive and deep purple they pulled emergency alarms, cut his cord without clamping it and ran away with him, Doctors Came running from all over the place and thankfully they managed to get him breathing again but it was the most terrifying day of my life!!!! I could have lost my little boy and it tears me up everytime I think about it, and they won't listen to me they keep saying the babies size is fine, and they think my sons size was fine too which yes to some women it is but for me it is obviously too big because otherwise he wouldn't have got stuck would he!? So now I'm sh*tting myself that this baby is going to get to his size and it's going to get stuck like he did, the only thing I can do is from 37 weeks try everything I can to get labour going myself because they just won't listen to me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->