growth scans?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I have to go for a growth scan next week and Im kinda worried about it as I dont know much about them.
I was told under no circumstances would I have more than 2 hospital scans, so since being scheduled for the growth scan, ive started to become a bit weary!
This is going to sound silly, but what are they for exactly? what do they do at these scans and what are they looking for?
consultant told me that anyone with a BMI below 19 before pregnancy, is usually scheduled for growth scans- but can they find abnormalities on these scans that were not picked up on the detailed scans? what would be the chances and how many of you girls have had one before?

I have them because i have less fluid than normal around the baby ...

Nothing to worry about they are just keeping an eye on you, maybe your baby is big for this gestation.

xxx

I have them because i have less fluid than normal around the baby ...

Nothing to worry about they are just keeping an eye on you, maybe your baby is big for this gestation.

xxx
So chances are, if the detailed scan was ok, the growth scan will be fine? I bloody hope so!

I was thinking about you a few days ago, I havent been on here for about a week and was wondering if you had the baby yet, judging by what I have read so far, that would be a no? :( bless ya.

Ive got one tomorrow cause Im measuring 5cm too big!lol x

I have growth scans every 4 weeks from 28 weeks.

These scans look specifically at the size of the baby by measurements of the babies head, abdomen and femur length. Theses measuements will be poltted on a graph to see if baby is growing within the normal range. The amount of amniotic fluid may be noted, along with babies position, position of placeta and estimated weight of baby. Sometimes they will also check to make sure the cord blood flow is adequate.
If there were no anomolies picked up at your 20 week scan, then its unlikely any will be detected during your growth scan.

I'm sure everything will be fine!

Thanks Rachie, i never knew all that! Mines is tomorrow at 2.30-we dont get 20 week scans here.:hissy:

Louise u will be fine hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->