Growth spurt or time to start weaning soon?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
I was wondering what your opinion was..

Elyse refuses to take more than 3-4oz at once, but rather than eating every 3-4 hours like she used to, she is wanting to eat more like every 1.5-2.5 hours.

I have tried making up 5oz bottles and filling the 4oz size bottles up past the line, but she still quits on me after her normal amount. I guess I should be clear, I always fill her bottle past the line or to the 5oz line if the bottle has one to try to get more into her and it still isn't happening.

Is this a sign that I'll need to be weaning her at 4 months so she 'stays full'?

Or is she having a growth spurt that's causing her to eat so often?

I don't have a problem starting her on rice cereal at 4 months but I'd like to hold out until at least her 4 month doctor's appointment.

I'm just wondering if this is a hint. I'm going through so much formula; we used to use a can per day and out of nowhere (or so it feels, I guess the past couple weeks her feeds have become closer together) it's become about 1.5.. and I feel like I am constantly making up formula or sterilizing bottles.

Help??

3-4 mo is a big growth spurt..that's probably what it is. Try sticking it out a week or even a couple and see where she is. She will probably go back to her normal routine soon. She will show lots more signs that she is ready when she actually is :)

^ Thank you so much, I was waiting for your response!! :blush:

Haha glad I could help :) Here are some other signs you can look out for if it doesn't start to get better soon...or even if it does for later on

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/readyforsolids.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"