growth spurt?

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My ds turned two months last Monday. Ever since around last Wednesday night he has been waking every two hours all night. I'm getting no sleep!! (and stressing out bc i return to work tomorrow!) we are ebf and the only thing that settles him when he wakes seems to be my Breast. He will then fall asleep but when j lay him in his crib most of the time he wakes back up immediately. Then again only calming at my Breast. Is he really this hungry? Is it a growth spurt? Or is he just getting gin bad sleeping habits and using me for comfort feeding?? If he's hungry and growth spurt obviously I'll keep going along with it, but I don't want to give in to this if it's bad sleeping habits. And how long would a growth spurt last? I need my sleep!!!! Oh has even tried to help and take shifts but he won't stop crying until he's latched on to me....??? please help!

Forgot to add, during the day if we are running errands he will sleep up for four hrs while in the stroller or car. So this only seems to be happening at night. Prior to last week he was sleeping consistently from 9pm to 6 am with only waking like two times a night

This is very normal for this age he is still so young. There is no such thing as bad sleep habits at this age, sleep is constantly changing, some nights you will get more than others it's just how it is

I agree: no such thing as bad habits at this age. Using you for comfort is also a vital emotional and physical requirement and you should never worry about meeting your child's needs at this age. Comfort and contact are just as vital for development as food and sleep xxx

Omg here we go again...just fed him, rocked him to sleep, and the second I lay him in crib he wakes up screaming! so in the book he goes to eat yet again...and he keeps spitting up...I know there's no more room in his belly for all this milk. I'm never going to sleep bc i can't put him down :(

Oh Hun, it's so hard when they are so small, I did find that dd kept a lot of wind down and I had to work hard to get it up. How well do you get wind up? Is he bringing his knees up when he screams? It may be worth considering reflux/colic but I would suggest not laying him down so quickly after a feet or even safely elevating one end of the cot in case it's been flat that's the problem xx

No he burps well after eating and I rock him for a whole before laying him down, plus he has a wedge under his mattress for an incline. However im happy to say after that incident last night he slept for 5 hrs then again for 3!! So maybe growth spurt is over?? Fingers crossed for more nights like that!

Glad it improved for you, I know crying peaks at two months and then improves so I bet you're on the home straight! Check out 'the wonder weeks' that's really interesting too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->