Growth spurts

jax

Reaction score
Hi everyone - hoping that someone can give me some gems of advice...

My gorgeous 18 day old little boy is going through a growth spurt and all he seems to want to do is eat eat eat! I am demand breast feeding and to be honest it is making the whole process really quite stressy. Before this spurt began he was feeding at 3 hour intervals and waking up twice during the night (too good to be true I know!) ...last night he fed for an hour and a half (!) and then he hardly slept during the night wanting fed every hour/hour and a half for an hour at a time and I feel totally exhausted. He is also much fussier during his feeds, pulling on my nipple, coming off and going back on again, not to mention the increase in his poos! If he had his own way he would feed all day long!!

I so want to give him the best and if the truth of the matter is I need to feed feed feed then so be it but does anyone have any experience of this, what did you do? how long did the growth spurts last?

hi! been through that, it gets easier! hang on in there, it is very rough, i know! pm me if you want, not saying i have any answers..it's hard to say how long it lasted for, four days?? maybe. it is perfectly normal and your boobs will catch up soon! i found daily fresh air helped to tire her out and then she slept and fed less fretfuly! keep it up!:hug:

I think Savannah is going through a growth spurt too, and i'm having the exact same problems with her coming on and off the nipple and pulling at it. Cept I can only bf off one side as I have a flat nipple on the other side and it stings for her to feed on it atm. :( I hope it gets better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->