Growth spurts?

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Olivia is now 2 weeks + 4 days old, and we're wondering if it's possible that she is having a growth spurt.............but part of me thought it would be too early for that??

She has been a lot more unsettled.....she will have a 4oz bottle, then an hour later, she wants more. We've always been advised to feed on demand, so we tend to give her more if she wants it.......last night, she had 4oz at 7pm, then by 8:15pm, she was rooting around for more & took another 2oz. During the night, she normally has 4oz, then will go 4 hours til her next feed but last night she had 3oz at 3am, then 4oz at 5am, then by 7:30am she wanted more & took another 2oz.

Does this sound like a growth spurt??? Are we right to just feed her when she wants it??

And also, is she too young to have colic? She seemed to have really bad wind this afternoon, and after several burps & passing wind a few times, she settled. Could we try her with some Infacol do you think??

xxx

(sorry for all the questions!! :blush: )

Jasmine seemed to be on and off growth spurts constantly the first 2 months... since then it has settled down though.

Lola had a growth spurt somewhere around that time.
Sounds pretty similar, she was really unsettled and ate a lot more.

Hannah had one too around that time :) Not sure about the infacol though, we luckily never had to deal with colic

def sounds like a growth spurt!! tyler had one around that time too!! he was drinking 4oz every 2 hours!! xx

Brooke is always cranky so i never know whats a growth spurt and whats normal for her lol.

As for the infacol i always put a drop in her bottles when im making them up, you could try that for a while and see it if makes any difference?

Brooke is always cranky so i never know whats a growth spurt and whats normal for her lol.

As for the infacol i always put a drop in her bottles when im making them up, you could try that for a while and see it if makes any difference?

I didn't know you could give it to them that way.......we tried giving her some straight into her mouth, but she could obviously tell it wasn't milk & so dribbled it all back out!
Thanks hun - will start trying that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"