grr. Mind your own business!

etcetera

Reaction score
I couldn't sleep, I've been quite the insomniac for the past week, it's killing me, but eh, what am I to do?

Anyways, I decided to get on facebook to see who has commented me, and one of my oldest friend's mom got on there and said that getting engaged is a really bad choice because I'm not ready to get married and that Michael isn't right for me, and that that if I give the baby his name I won't be happy and it will be the worst decision.

First off. I haven't spoken to this woman in years. She can't judge what I'm ready for or who is right for me.

Second. She's NEVER met Michael, she knows nothing of our relationship, yes we have ups and downs but I love that boy with all my heart and I can't see myself with anyone else.

Third. I can name my son whatever I so choose and Michael is his father, therefore there is no reason why he shouldn't have his name. PLUS we're getting married, so we'll all have that name.

That just frustrates me to no end how she can have the nerve to tell me that i'm making the wrong choice when her own daughter is out doing drugs and partying all night. I personally think that she should mind her own business and tend to her own daughter. My mother was excited for me and already wants to plan for the wedding, so what gives that woman the right to say anything to me?

I mean, am I wrong to get upset by this? By the way, my friend hasn't said a word to me since she found out. I'm just going to guess that she isn't happy about it either. Sorry for the rant, I was just really excited, and then she had to be the rain on my parade :cry:

Whoa!
That was completely out of no where she doesn't even know the guy or the situation..
I don't blame you for being upset that was completely uncalled for she should mind her own damn business and keep her "opinions" out of things she knows nothing about!
I would be FUMING if I were you!

im sry hun some people are so stupid at least your parents didnt kick you out and my mom is still refusing to come to the wedding its so upsetting me but what can i do what can we do except hold our heads up high and be happy and prepare to start our lives with our l/o's and amazing men by our side and pray that everyone else comes around!!!!!!!dont let it get to you you got an amazing man beside you it sounds like let people talk and try to bring you down trust me if you smile and ignore them eventually they will shut up when they see it isnt affecting you anymore!!!!

Wow! You have every right to be upset by that! She has no right to say anything to you, especially since she doesn't even know situation.
Don't let her ruin your excitement hun

Stuborn old cow! Ignore her she obv doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. You be happy with your own choice x

sounds like shes a tad bitter for maybe mistakes she made when she was younger?

ignore her, youv got your fiance and your baby boy honey dont need anything else :)
x

i hate people like that.
think you just have to tell them striaght but still what a rude thing to do!"
you know what your doing and obvisely your happy with it.
ignore her hun x

:hugs: What fucking nerve she has to go and write that on your FB for all to see. BITCH! I would delete her and block her, and TBH consider deleting her daughter/my friend too. You're right, she hasn't said a word to you & her mom's said this- she is probably not very impressed with what's going on and I'd be wondering what she has to say about me behind my back really.

My own father had a lot to say about me giving the baby OH's last name too (because we aren't married, we're young, he thought I'd end up with 3 kids with different dads and different last names or something).. I personally find comments like that so rude.. :growlmad:

You're right- she should worry less about you and more about her own daughter, who could end up in much worse situations than the one you're in with her behaviour, and hey, who knows, she could come home and say she's pregnant one day too.

What a b***h!
Tbh hun if i was you i'd just say worry about your own daughter before giving your opinion on my life as it seems too me your daughter needs you worrying about her alot more than you need to be worrying about me.
How dare she burst your bubble!!
Congrats though!!
xx

emmmm i would just delete her as she is obviously not worth bothering with, facebook is some tool, people love to hide behind it and say things they would prob never say to your face. but honestly if you have not spoken to her in years i would just delete her and forget about it, she has no right to make you feel bad

oh, and good luck x

thanks everyone!

I just told her that i'm happy with my decision and that I would appreciate it if she kept her comments to herself. Michael and his mother said things to her too, but they weren't very nice lol.

She never replied, so I guess she realized that it's none of her business :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->