Grrr I'm fuming, such an arrogant doctor!

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
Today I went to see the midwife. Because there aren't enough rooms at the surgery for the midwifes to have their own room they use one of the doctors.

Towards the end of the appointment we were quite abruptly ushered out of the room because the doctor wanted his room back! So we left the room and I noticed there were tyre tracks on the floor (both me and my OH use electric powered wheelchairs, and it had snowed this morning and the ground was wet.) I mentioned it and the doctor who's room it was blew up in my face!! Saying that next time he would be sending me a bill for cleaning the floor! I suggested there should be mats due to the weather, but the doctor said this wasn't the surgeries responsibility and that I should have phoned up in advance and warned them!!!!! (what? warn them that it had snowed this morning and their floors might get dirty if wheelchair users or mothers with prams go into the surgery!!!!!!!!!!)
I asked for a complaints form and he was so smug about the whole thing! He went into the reception to find a form and shouted at me not to shout at him in reception!!!!!!!

I phoned the surgery as soon as I got home and they said I needed to follow the complaints procedure! So I read it out to the woman on the phone!!!!!! (obviously she was the one who was there when it was going on so was trying to make it difficult.) Basically it said to phone the surgery and ask to make a complaint (which I thought I was doing! :dohh:

I'm sooooo angry and upset. I feel bad about getting the carpets dirty but what could we have done? They didn't have any mats and it was obvious the doctor was just spitting his dummy out the pram because someone had used his room and he'd had to wait for it, but I was made to feel like I shouldn't be going to the doctors because I use a wheelchair!

It's made me not want to go to the doctors again :(

Just remember it's your taxes that pays for 'his' room. What a dick.

Grr Stupid man! You should put in a written complaint to make it formal.

:hissy: thats bloody disgusting ...theres no need to treat people like that, if you dont mind making a fuss id be going to your local paper and telling them at how unfairly you were treated :hissy: :hissy:

I've spoken to the practice manager since this, don't think she really knew what to say!

Then the doctor phoned me back but I couldn't speak to him cus I'm still fuming, so my helper spoke to him. She said you could hear the fear in his voice, but he kept mentioning procedures they could put in place so they're not discriminating against disabled people lol!

He also said it was a health and safety hazard because there was me and my OH in wheelchairs, my helper and 3 midwifes in the room... not really my fault it was a small room though!

I'm considering going ahead with a formal complaint though, just to see if they do anything about it! (He said they could make wheelchairs available in the surgery for people to be transfered into.)

It's just made me so angry, I don't know who he thinks he is, surely his job is to care for people, not to aggravate and upset people over something that isn't their fault :(

that's terrible!! I'm not surprised you're so angry and I would definatley make an official complaint hun.x

Wow!!

That is terrible the way you were spoken too!

I would persue your complaint all the way...especially if your helper can also back you up and refuse to be treated by him ever!

You should not be treated this way by anyone!!!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I would go ahead with your complaint! Too bad for him that he didn't think before he was such a total a$$!! Now he is all contrite and trying to cover his stupid butt! Too bad for him. You can be sure he gets of the phone after groveling to you and bitches about how he had to grovel!

Complain!! He deserves it! How dare he! Maybe he will think twice before being such an a$$ to the next person. He is lucky I wasn't there - I might have ripped him open with my enormous tiger claws! :winkwink:

Oh hun, nobody should be treated like that anywhere but especially at a doctors. You should take your complaint further and make people listen, you shouldnt of been spoken to that way.

That is shocking... how on earth can he justify treating you like that!? As for the health and safety comment, that is not your fault. They are responsible for things like that, not you! Complain away hun, he certainly deserves it.

:shock: That's awful...I'd be so upset too! What's the difference between you going in in a wheelchair and someone with shoes dragging mud inside?! Would they moan about that?

Is there someone other than the surgery itself you can complain to? That's disgraceful!

And health and safety?!! That's THEIR fault if they're not meeting health and safety guidelines, not yours!! x

:hugs: nobody should treat you this way. Good for you for filing a complaint! xxx

I've spoken to the practice manager since this, don't think she really knew what to say!

Then the doctor phoned me back but I couldn't speak to him cus I'm still fuming, so my helper spoke to him. She said you could hear the fear in his voice, but he kept mentioning procedures they could put in place so they're not discriminating against disabled people lol!

He also said it was a health and safety hazard because there was me and my OH in wheelchairs, my helper and 3 midwifes in the room... not really my fault it was a small room though!

I'm considering going ahead with a formal complaint though, just to see if they do anything about it! (He said they could make wheelchairs available in the surgery for people to be transfered into.)

It's just made me so angry, I don't know who he thinks he is, surely his job is to care for people, not to aggravate and upset people over something that isn't their fault :(

Complain about the arrogant prick, serves him right if he's shitting bricks now! :hug:

You would think a man who has taken the oath to be a doctor to human beings would be nicer!

some docs have a personality removal during training!

I'd complain - and not just to the practice - I'd take it to the Primary Care Trust the surgery belongs to, and possibly to the papers/radio as well. Completely inexcusable. Had I been there I wouldn't have needed claws, just the rough side of my tongue and that doc would have felt about 2" tall. And a complete pr**k.

some docs have a personality removal during training!

I'd complain - and not just to the practice - I'd take it to the Primary Care Trust the surgery belongs to, and possibly to the papers/radio as well. Completely inexcusable. Had I been there I wouldn't have needed claws, just the rough side of my tongue and that doc would have felt about 2" tall. And a complete pr**k.

Completely agree! There was absolutely no excuse for him to speak to you like that! Definitely complain to somewhere outside the surgery x

I am absolutely gob-smaked and am struggling to come to terms with what I have just read. There is a difference between having a bad day, being in a shitty mood etc etc and being blatantly discriminatory. I am disabled too and have suffered omments and looks from people over the years and 99% of them can be written off due to ignorance etc but for a doctor to treat you in this way is absolutely, completely and utterly unacceptable. Please, please, please do not let this end here as I can guarentee you will not be the last person he treats this way!

Big :hug: honey

xxxx

Thats dicusting. I thought I had heard it all but thats a new form of arrogance! I would still complain no matter how much he tries to not make you. Would also never go to him again, change surgerys if need be and go to someone higher. Thats peed me off this morning!

Anja, my sister is disabled as well, and she has NEVER had a doctor treat her like that, her disability isn't a 'visible' disability either, and if anyone talked to her like that it would affect her health and that person would have her OH to deal with, never mind 4 angry sisters!

That is disgusting, id put a formal complaint in hun and maybe complain to the primary care trust aswell because there is no way you should be treated like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->