grrr my son is not a peice of meat to make a claim on

I have been amazed at the reactions from family with a new baby. I thought things got hairy with the wedding but this is no comparison. I have a mother in law thinking this is her child and I am lectured constantly. I have simply stopped speaking to her and have set up for only certain visitation times at the hospital that the nurses will endorse. I have warned hubby that I my momma bear instincts have kicked in heavily and I am not afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. Good luck to everyone...claim your territory!

i feel the same, any decision i make seem to laughed at but its ok for everyone else to decide things arghhh. like when baby is born SIL thinks that she will be babysitting constantly etc i've managed to put my foot down for now and say not until she is at least 6 months old because i want to breast feed but they even want to make the decision for me regarding breast feeding and where i can do it. :growlmad:

babe you do your birthing plan and whatever other plans you have for you and your baby your way telling your partner what you would like not the inlaws,siblings or anyone else.Tell them to keep their 2p's worth out cos their not having this baby you ARE!

I completely understand. The only people we are allowing over after I have the baby is my parents and my siblings, as they will be able to help me and know more about what I want and need and where to draw the line.
I suggest closing all the shades/blinds on the windows and don't answer the door for people who show up, lol, that's what we're doing. I could care less if they feel offended as we've already told everyone they can see the baby when we want them to.

Would it work to just do that, and keep everything locked and closed up and ignore them if they show up?

This is actually what I'm most dreading about having Gabe to be honest!!! I actually picked an OB in a hospital that is further away than the 2 local ones because my mom works at those hospitals!!! She just assumed she would be there when Gabe is born and frankly I want it to be just Tom and I at that point. I think to want your mom in the room you have to have a close relationship with her and I certainly do not. She kept trying go persuade me to switch hospitals because that way as a nurse she would have more access to baby and me and stuff and that is EXACTLY what I don't want!!! I don't mind people there before but during the pushing I just want me and Tom!!!

My family are fine and conciderate. OHS family however... when ds was born (by emergency csection 2weeks early) we were dragged off to MILs beach hut 1.5hrs away when ds was only a week old! I don't remember being asked to go, and I'm sure if i hadnt been so drugged up and still in shock i would not have agreed. Who in their right mind takes a person whos just had major surgery and a newborn to a beach a week later! I have told my Oh if anyone wants to see baby this time they can come to us once she is a month or so old. I am not going on day trips to see them, and we are limiting visitors to start with as its a big change for ds too. Ok already worked up about it and baby isnt here yet lol. XX

i just dont no what to do about my family.no matter how i tell them they just wont listen.they just seem to do what they want when they want and no matter how much i ask them not to they just seem to keep doing things how they want. because appareantly they have a right to as grand parents,great grand parents etc.as if their the most important people in my babys life. none of them seem to care how Dal and me would like to deal with things :(

Hon I can totally sympathise too :hugs:

Family seem to think your wishes do not matter when it comes to visiting once you come home with baby :( DS was on neonatal for 5 days and when we eventually came home when he was a week old MIL was sat on our doorstep with her best friend :growlmad: waiting for us. She had seen him in the hospital but thought her best friend would like to meet him :saywhat: geesh woman let us get in the door. Once they left the door never stopped going it was like some sort of open house :sad1: People left and more came...infact I got so angry I yelled at my nana cause she was been rather loud and noisy and by this time I was knackered and wanted everyone to f**k off. Hon please put your foot down now and make it clear if someone turns up at the hospital or at home univited then they will be turned away if its not a convienient time :thumbup: I have already told DH once I deliver then the first person he is to bring to see Charlie is DS and no-one else I am going to make this clear to ALL family members and if I have to be a little rude to get my point across so be it. Hon you dont get those early days back so be firm and if all else fails hide...because I sure intend too :thumbup:

:hug: hope ur feeling better soon, wish i could offer some more advice but lock the doors ;)

This is exactly what I'm dreading the most.

My MIL is already obnoxious as it is ever since I got pregnant.
Before that she didn't care about seeing us often, now she wants to see us all the time and she keeps on whining "IF I ever get to see Aleena" etc.

I told my husband we're not going to let anyone know when I'm in labor.
Depending on how I feel and how the baby is doing, we'll start calling people once we are ready.
Could be the same day as she's born, could be 3 days later.
I know they'll want to come and visit, and I'm really not looking forward to it as my MIL is really annoying and pushes her opinion on us all the time about stuff she has no clue about.

I'm really not looking forward dealing with my MIL once the baby is born, I'm already trying to avoid her as much as possible.
She already has no respect for our parental decisions , and the baby isn't even here yet.
:dohh:

Just know you are not alone!

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) babe.
Luckily my family is quite calm.

It'll be me and OH in the delivery suit and thats it.

the the next morning (or later that afternoon if its an am delivery) OH will go and collect our 3 yr old son and bring him in 1st to see his baby brother.

Same as last time, my Dad and sister will probably pop to the hospital in the evening for about 40 mins (with a takeaway).

And thats it.
I only see my mom once a month as she's poorly and don't get out much- so once Lo is around 3wks old, i'll drive up and see her for a few hours.

OH's family aint local, When i had Leo MIL only met him once he was 3 months old.
This time she has arranged (she asked me first so i don't mind) to come down Easter week for 5 days- baby will be 4 weeks by then so it gives me a chance to settle in.

My Aunts will ring my Dad and ask him when they can see the baby- and i'll arrange to go to my dads one sat/sun afternoon and see them for a few hours....i don't like entertaining in my own home lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->