Grrrrr I'm so TIRED of being constipated!!!!!!

I found out by accident that eating an apple a day (I cant eat a whole apple, but 2/3 of it) with the peel has helped tremendously! WAY TMI- but now I go poop each day I eat and apple. Not much, but its something!

I am not a big fruit eater, so I had to get cream cheese fruit dip to make it good to me, and they have to be sliced!

Sometimes constipation can be helped with a simple magnesium supplement. Take a double dose before bed, and by morning you should (hopefully) be moving. I've tried this in the past by advice of my mom and it really works like a charm. Milk of magnesia is even more effective, and after a quick google search it appears safe during pregnancy (you may want to double check this with your doctor though): https://www.obfocus.com/high-risk/meds1.htm Good luck!

You can also have glycerin suppositories (although I gotta say, I'm not that hot about shoving my finger up my bum!! :rofl: ) am going to try lactulose as although I dont classify for constipation (has to be 5 days without poop) mine are hard and painful to pass and have given me bleeding too. (I do sympathise :hugs:)
Bit of a TMI alert but I also found using those toilet wet wipes or some nappy cream or sudocrem on a sore pooper. Big hugs hon xxxx

Braven, look for a prenatal vitamin that includes a mild laxative in it. Or your doctor could even recommend something for you to use. I used to just skip the prenatals 1 day a week to get things moving again, lol.

I can honestly say that the constipation is the worst thing about the whole pregnancy! I was in such awful pain for ages, and my tummy was huge and rock hard! (not baby, just poop!) I could barely walk at time, and couldnt get comfortable anywhere....I was miserable!!! and scared to try and force it....I tried the lactulose which did work but took a few days...but the best thing for me, which Im still doing is, pure organic prune juice!!!! Its amazing!!!!! one small glass a day and no problems at all! AND I feel like my baby is getting some goodness too! :)

I know exactly how you feel! Normally I have problems passing a bm anyway, but with pregnancy it has been horrible! I can go days with the urge and nothing happens. Last week I was in the ER to get cleaned out bc I couldn't walk from the cramps and hadn't went for over a week and that was awful. Now its been 5 days since that, and here I am constipated again. I have been drinking tons of water, eating almost nothing but fiber and using colace (dr recommended it). Still nothing. I am getting worried that I will end up in the ER again and that is so embarassing.

I have started suffering with this the last few days too. I have also had some bleeding so very scared to strain :nope: I am going to try and drink more fresh OJ and eat more fruit for a few days and see if that helps before I try anything more drastic (like prune juice :haha:)

I know exactly how you feel! Normally I have problems passing a bm anyway, but with pregnancy it has been horrible! I can go days with the urge and nothing happens. Last week I was in the ER to get cleaned out bc I couldn't walk from the cramps and hadn't went for over a week and that was awful. Now its been 5 days since that, and here I am constipated again. I have been drinking tons of water, eating almost nothing but fiber and using colace (dr recommended it). Still nothing. I am getting worried that I will end up in the ER again and that is so embarassing.

Darnit...my doctor's recommendation this morning was for me to start taking colace...he also said if the colace didn't work, to go to miralax...I feel the urge right now...but I'm at work...and not thrilled about trying here. Yesterday's was soo painful after having stressed my 'roids out on Friday...I hate dreading going poo! I was using glycerin suppositories but they do nothing much but make the urge stronger.

Woohooo!!! It hurt like hell and bled, but it came right out, no straining or anything...maybe I finally got the blockage out and now the prunes are helping

lol, I just noticed there are 3 pages about bowel movements. Only in a pregnancy forum!

You are not alone, I feel your pain sister!

:wacko::growlmad::brat::sick:](*,):hugs:

LOL

I actually tried cracked linseed (i have it in a fruit smoothie) and this has worked a treat!!! Would definitely recommend to those in need! :winkwink:

Arent you on Zofran too? That will plug you up in a heartbeat!

I found that MoM (Phillips Milk of Magnesia) really helped me. It's gross, but I just swallow it down and goto bed. By morning I had something to work with.

(TMI) I passed a really big, hard "plug?" and now I've had loose all morning long. At least I'm getting cleaned out.

Hahah I've been okay for a couple weeks...I am on Zofran...I am able to go most days now but its still really hard and painful.

I didn't know Zofran did that! Knew it was too good to be true. I finally read the label & it also lists headaches as a side affect..which I've had constantly for weeks. :(

I didn't know Zofran did that! Knew it was too good to be true. I finally read the label & it also lists headaches as a side affect..which I've had constantly for weeks. :(

omg I've had a throbbing headache for 3 days straight....and tylenol does nothing for it :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->