Guess how long...?

miraclemomma

Mummy of 1 + pregnant
Reaction score
So, 40 weeks tomorrow....never thought I'd make it to my due date!!!!

Went to the midwife this morning and the policy with subsequent pregnancies is not to do a sweep until 41, however, she said she'd see what she could do.

She says head is still bobbing very slightly but that's normal with 2nd+, I'm pretty much fully effaced but slightly thick, and about 2-3cm. She said she could definitely feel my waters bulging and I had a tightening during and she could feel pressure of baby's head pushing hard.

So, I know it's not an excited science but would love to know what people think about how much longer I've got. If it helps the midwife says she'd be surprised to see me at next weeks appointment xx

I'm going to say tomorrow night. If not then maybe Monday or Tuesday of next week :) Good luck!

I say this week sometime tell that baby push a little harder n break that water :)

I think I'm gonna do star jumps for the rest of the week!!! See if tonight's one born every minute can get the baby going...if not, find something that might get husband going *wink wink* xx

I think I'm gonna do star jumps for the rest of the week!!! See if tonight's one born every minute can get the baby going...if not, find something that might get husband going *wink wink* xx

Haha that's a good idea too

We need a spread sheet to keep track of everyones guesses! This is fun.
I am going to say sunday afternoon. As babys like to make suprise entrances

So ladies! All wrong! Still no freaking baby! Starting to get worried about potential induction (week on Wednesday) due to all my allergies to pain relief!!! Please cross your fingers it happens in the next 48 hours!!! Xxxx

Oh no! Good luck hun. Get doing all the old wives tales!! X

Thanks! I believe I have already disproved all old wives!!!!! Contractions have been every 10 minutes at various points through the day, but then slowing down to nothing again! I physically can't believe that there could be any plug left!!!! :-( xxx

none of the old wives tales worked for me i thought i had lost my plug until they popped my waters and then a lump the size of my hand came out sorry tmi even if they induce you with you being overdue i think you would only need the gel or waters bursting and you will be away and avoid the drip xx

I really hope so! I just would love the excitement of rushing to hospital!!!! Silly really I know! It's defo plug cos midwife showed me some after my semi-sweep last week and it looks the same! I can't believe how much of it there is!!!! Midwife appt in the morning so she'll do another sweep and book my induction! At least I only have a week left maximum! It just seems like a lifetime away! Xx

So after contractions starting at 1.30 yesterday and getting to a strong and regular 5 minutes apart by 7ish I went to L&D....and it all slowed to nothing! Midwife said there was some progression from my appointment last week and did a sweep, which has caused major period cramping since...good to know I'm closer but miserable that it was just another false alarm!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->