Guess i drew the short straw! BF= No period?

nicki01

Reaction score
Well as the title says really!
Guess i drew the short straw! :dohh:

My LO turned 10 weeks and my period returned! She feeds mainly every 2 hours sometimes 3 hourly, also through the night too! I held out in the hope it was just a little bleed from nowhere but oh no! Its was a real heavy period near enough shouting IM BACK!! :haha: and lasted 5 days! :wacko:

Gutted! I was hoping with my little one still being a very frequent feeder that it would stay away for a while but i was sooo wrong! :cry:

Anyone elses period returned soon after even though breastfeeding?

My best friend had hers return with both her kids at 10 weeks, full on heavy period. She exclusively breast fed and on demand.

Mine came back around 12 weeks and hasn't came back since just random spotting days and that's it.

9 weeks. I was a little gutted too and just hoped it was fluke, but oh no��

Apparently I heard it means your extra fertile but not sure I believe that

2 months after my first, 3 months after this baby. I BF for 13 months with my first, so it would've been nice to not have AF for all of that time, but no such luck for me. I was pissed thati just got it back again with this baby too. BOO

I EBF, I got spotting at 14 weeks pp, the obgyn said it is not considered a period unless it is a certain amount of blood for at least 2 days.
I had some sporadic spotting a few weeks later too.
Thing is I still don't have a period, spotting has stopped entirely, and baby goes up to 5-6 h between feeds during the night, around 3-4 during day.

Thing is I still don't have a period, spotting has stopped entirely, and baby goes up to 5-6 h between feeds during the night, around 3-4 during day.
Yeah, mine period came when my babies started sleeping through the night, >10 hrs. Maybe that one feed you do in the night keeps AF away! Wish I didn't get mine back :(

its so gutting, especially as she still feeds 2-3 hourly through the night aswell! I wouldnt mind so much if i got it back but got a good chunk of sleep but by the time ive fed her, winded her and gotten back to sleep myself im awake again an hour or 2 later. Oh well!

Guess the super fertile thing could ring true, ive had 5 pregnancies (3 losses) but each time ive fallen on the first month trying!

I just posted a thread about this yesterday because I just got mine at 7 weeks pp! And I am also ebf. Super gutted as well as I get very cramps and have a heavy AF :( I guess it means we're healthy at least!

aww i know what you mean mine returned when my LO was 12 weeks!

Mine returned at 8 weeks and DD feeds very regularly still. I was so miffed!!

this is the exact question i came on here to find out about....mine came back pretty early too...somewhere between 8 to 10 weeks after...he's been sleeping through the night from very early on as well...he's up to 8-10 hours a night....of course not exactly regular but pretty close to on time since....however it's not this time....i would really rather not be pregnant this soon after (he's only 4 months old)...so its encouraging to hear that they can be irregular and random for some while bfing...plus there's been a couple nights in the past week and a half that he's fed in the night...i've wondered if that could have something to do with it....a change in bfing schedule could make a change in ur period schedule

Do you ladies find your supply decreases during your period? Just wondering because mine does.

Do you ladies find your supply decreases during your period? Just wondering because mine does.

I am only on my first period but yes I have noticed less of a supply. So far my little guy is eating okay but I like to pump every once in a while to build up some storage, and yesterday I was barely able to get 2oz and usually I can get 4oz no problem. I have heard this is pretty normal though :)

Yes I think my supply has been effected too, before the period I could feed and pump and still get 2oz each side, since the period I'm struggling with the pump, although my little lady seems satisfied I sometime only get a dribble with the pump and am very lucky to get 2oz with half an hours pumping alternating between sides.
Very frustrating as I need to pump as my sister has got to have her quite a lot over the coming weeks as I have appointments for my toddler!

AF showed up for me at 10 weeks. I was gutted, too. I hoped it was just a fluke but I've had 2 more since then. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->