Guide to using OPK's

jess_smurf

Angel Kristian & Olivia
Reaction score
this is for guidance only and please add to it if you feel you have any useful info and correct me if I am wrong, hope its helps x x

Guide to Using OPK’s
This is a rough guide to using OPK’s if you would like to add to it you can,

With opk’s you may use about 30-40 on your first cycle depending on the length of your cycle this will also determine when to start testing with them. On a normal 28 day cycle I would start testing from day 9 (not before as gives peaks in the first days that may seem like your OV but you won’t be), If your cycle is shorter would start earlier and if your cycle is longer then would start later, eg. If you cycle length is 32 days start cd 13 and if 24 days start on CD 5-7

I would firstly start by not using first morning urine (FMU) and doesn’t tend to catch your LH surge in the morning. I started by taking one at about 11am, usually OPK’s will always have a faint line in the test line this is not a positive OPK . You will notice over the next few days the line will start to get darker, when this happens you will need to test several times a day. Its better to keep the times consistent do your 11am test , then test at 4/5 pm again, and again 9/10pm at night. Your LH surge can be very short and sometimes be missed if not testing a few times per day.

One you have your positive, your test line must be the same or darker than the control line (see below) keep testing again 3 times per day until your lines fade to negative again.

Once you have your positive your normally OV 12-72 hrs after your positive OPK. So this would be your most fertile period

negative then a positive opk

Attachments

• Photo-0123.jpg
    Photo-0123.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 11
  • opk309095pm.jpg
    opk309095pm.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 24
This is my strongest result that I got on CD22 I had a fade in to this and got quite dark results for about 2 days but now it has faded out to what look like almost evap lines. Do you think this could have been my OV time and maybe due to times that I tested that I missed the full positive result or do you think I haven't OV'd yet? :wacko:

Thanks,

Attachments

• CD22.jpg
    CD22.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 18
because of your cycle length you usually ov 14 days before start of period, so think you would ov around cd 19 so would test a few times a day from around cd 17

i got my + at 5pm cd 20 at 11am next day was - and 5pm + again so i pick up hormone later on

that picture is a negative, how sensitive are the opk's

They are 25miu. So if I haven't OV'd yet then this is going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOONG cycle. I've been testing since CD1 and so far nothing apart from this peak which like you say looks negative.

if your starting to get colour now test atleast twice a day until you get +

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"