Guilty Secret: Pregnancy books

S

su_grad2007

Is it bad that I am totally reading ttc/pregnancy books on my kindle? I have a couple about being pregnant and healthy pregnancy and I just downloaded It's Really 10 Months: Delivering the Truth About the Glow of Pregnancy and Other Blatant Lies [Kindle Edition] which is free for a limited time on kindle.

I can't decide if it helps my baby fever because it make me feel closer to my goal and more prepared or if it is making me even more impatient. I keep telling myself that I don't have a lot of time to read outside information during school and so I should go ahead and start in case I don't have time to read things while I am actually ttc :)

Girl, I've read every baby book ever written, and I started reading 1.5 years before TTC! The way I see it, its never too early to prepare for an event that is going to change your life forever in a major way :)

Definitely check out "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant." It was by far my favorite pregnancy book!

oh really?? Hmmm. you might have lit a match for me lol I have a kindle too lol I might just have to check it out lol

Girl, I've read every baby book ever written, and I started reading 1.5 years before TTC! The way I see it, its never too early to prepare for an event that is going to change your life forever in a major way :)

Definitely check out "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant." It was by far my favorite pregnancy book!

I was wondering about that one. I will definitely have to get that one also :)

Ooooo..I didn't even think of all the ebooks out there now! I've been skimming tcoyf and In The Womb but its just basically a picture book haha - kindle store here I coooome!

I am interested in all the parenting books, but I keep not letting myself go there...seems like I'd be getting a bit ahead of myself since I'm not even ttc yet! But then I think, well I won't have time to read them once I have kids, so might as well read them now! sigh...

That's my thinking. I already know what type of parent I want to be, so I've read/am reading all the books that show me how to do that, so I can be prepared when I have a kid. Not trying to read in 2 minute bursts when I get a chance when my kid is already here.

I've read them all, too. About 10 on kindle and about 15 books, with a few more to come.

I was reading 'What to expect before you are expecting' which isn't unreasonable, but it was still very embarrassing when the goodreads app posted it on to my facebook...had a few comments flying my way.:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

thanks for the tip i just downloaded that free book on my kindle!
i have one called the modern girls guide to pregnancy (or something like that) and its ace!!! would defo recommend it
thats the good thing about kindles, the secrecy!

I was reading 'What to expect before you are expecting' which isn't unreasonable, but it was still very embarrassing when the goodreads app posted it on to my facebook...had a few comments flying my way.:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Ohhh no! Haha, I'd be scarred for life, my family and friends would never let me live that down! Hopefully you had a quick response ready.

Now you've all made me want a kindle even more than I did before. I don't want to buy the books and have them laying around, and I can't read pregnancy books at work. But if I had a Kindle..ohhh the secrecy! I'll be researching Kindles in my down time. :)

Lou...I didn't even know there was a "What To Expect Before Your Expecting." Good to know! :thumbup:

I don't have a kindle I still use good old books lol but I only have one called conception, pregnancy and birth. It's a little outdated and mostly focused at Americans so not all relevant to me but it goes thru week by week and trimester by trimester development and stuff like that which doesn't change based on location lol so was useful

Kindle's definitely do help with being discrete about what you are reading :)

Ha! This was TOTALLY me before I had children. Then I became a doula and it was a great cover because I had to read more pregnancy/birth books for my training.:thumbup:

I've got about four or so pregnancy books on my kindle... Plus an equal number about doulas and au pairs. From teaching I have a bunch of books on child development. Wish I could use them for my own kids!!

I've skimmed through some at the book store but never bought any...yet. :haha:

Is it bad that I am totally reading ttc/pregnancy books on my kindle? I have a couple about being pregnant and healthy pregnancy and I just downloaded It's Really 10 Months: Delivering the Truth About the Glow of Pregnancy and Other Blatant Lies [Kindle Edition] which is free for a limited time on kindle.

I can't decide if it helps my baby fever because it make me feel closer to my goal and more prepared or if it is making me even more impatient. I keep telling myself that I don't have a lot of time to read outside information during school and so I should go ahead and start in case I don't have time to read things while I am actually ttc :)

If you are cray-cray so am I! I read pregnancy books, go on the websites and look at the week by week, do the gender predictions etc, I think it helps me. Ignoring the feelings really do not help, there is NO ignoring it when most of your friends are pregnant, all you see when you go out is babies, it is on tv... I embrace my broodyness now! Even though my ait is further away than wanted, I am going back to college, part of me only wants to do the hnd, the other part wants to do the degree but hnd is only 2 years, degree would be 4-5 :( And then I would need a full time job and work long enough to get SMP .. will see how I feel I guess! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->