Gumtree problem - help!!

Kittenscales

Reaction score
Hi,

Just looking for some advice or to hear from anyone with similar experiences.

I put my £850 wedding dress on gumtree and advertised it for £75 as it hasn't been dry cleaned and some marks around the train. I advertised it as a size 18/20 as its not exact as it was tailored.

A girl who is not local asked about the dress. She asked if i would post it - i agreed. I asked if she needed more pics to help her make up her mind as she couldn't see it in person. She declined.

I posted dress as promised. She ended up only paying £45 for dress after my postage fees. Deal of the year!!

She text me yesterday saying it doesn't fit and she wants her money back. She is arguing she is a size 20 and its too small. I did put 18/20 as I wore both sizes when I got married. She never asked for measurements or more info. She also says it has a dirty train so I've given a false description.

I text back saying the dress is exactly as advertised. I mentioned size and marks on train. So there is no issue with item not as described. For this reason I am not going to refund her money.

She is now saying she is going to take further action. Surely she doesn't have a leg to stand on. It's not my fault if it doesn't fit her exactly - for all I know she has simply changed her mind after seeing the dress in person.

What action could she take? I work for the police so I know they won't deal with it as its a civil matter. She paid cash into my account instead of PayPal so no come back there.

I feel so annoyed and upset by this. I gave her an amazing deal and she got a designer dress for pennies. It's a beautiful dress in amazing condition. Surely it's a risk she was taking by buying such a specific item second hand online!

Sorry for rant but its really getting to me.

If you sold it as described then I don't see how she has a leg to stand on.

Meh.... I'd tell her to get stuffed :haha:

I thought everyone knew wedding dress suze isnt the same as normal dress size, no idea why its done this way but wedding dress sizes are 2 sizes larger then tjeir actual size si if your a 12 you need a 16 or of your 20 your dress wedding dress size is actualy 22-24 its simthing to di with differant designs and allowing room to have them tied and harnessed.
Thats why it doesnt fit her, she bought the wrong size so her fault.
As for the marks as long as you mentioned that on the description then nothing she can do.

Thanks.....it's reassuring to hear other people say that. It's definitely 100% as described. In fact, I probably didn't do the dress justice in my description of it. If she is the bigger side of a size 20, then an 18/20 would be tight. I would never buy a 16/18 as I'm a healthy 18 and would worry it would be too small.

With a wedding dress you buy bigger in general so any alterations can be done.

Put me off selling stuff online now :(

Gumtree is a nightmare!

Sold as seen. Her tough luck.

Tell her that and also let her know that you will not be entering into anymore conversations into the matter.

I would just ignore her personally. Sold as described IMO- unless you said something along the lines of "few tiny marks on the train" when actually it looks like its been dipped in a plate of tomato sauce.

Or- tell her to send it back fully insured for its worth and you will refund her. Because I bet she won't.

Second word would be 'off'

Tell her to crack on and take action, it isn't going to get her anywhere

She has no comeback at all. You did everything right its not your fault it didn't fit her and if she paid directly to your bank its not like she can report it like on paypal.

Just suggest she either sells it on or shuts up :haha:

its buyer beware. tell her to sell it on herself then.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->