guthrine tests

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Ok i have i been f*@ked over again?
What is a guthrine test?

Its in tabs notes with a tick next to it.....what is it?how is it done and when do you get the results? would it have needed consent?

Also the heelprick test? whats that testing for? thats been ticked as well but i have never been consulted or explained what it is and no one has given me any results!!!

She was in special care for 10 days but surely they should tell me so i can decide????

Can anyone help?? :hissy:

hey hun i found this for u x

this has info about heel prick test
https://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/newborn/screening/why.htm

cant find anything on guthrine but u should have had to give permisson for test and i dont think they can do it behind ur back xx

I think the Guthrie test is just another name for the heel-prick test. It's a test to screen for phenylketonuria and congenital hypothryroidism and I think they test all babies born in the UK after birth. From what I understand they would only inform you of the results if any abnormality is detected.

I think the Guthrie test is just another name for the heel-prick test. It's a test to screen for phenylketonuria and congenital hypothryroidism and I think they test all babies born in the UK after birth. From what I understand they would only inform you of the results if any abnormality is detected.

i have my results in my little red book x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->