Gym & TTC/Pregnant

mummyyshearer

Reaction score
I have just signed a 12mth membership with a new gym opening close to my home in july. I haven't been happy with my body since having my son almost 2 yrs ago and its about time I did something about it & at £10 a mth as a pre-opening offer I didn't want to turn it down. only problem is me and my boyfriend are currently ttc... have I made a mistake? or is it safe for me to continue if I was to become pregnant. I know I should be ok while ttc but I do hope to become pregnant within 12 mths :/

I think you absolutely should work out while TTC, I will never stop exercising.

Once pregnant you should just modify your exercises a bit (I've found loads of pregnancy workouts on Pinterest).

I have heard if u exercise while ttc and early pregnancy (nothing extreme obv) it helps ur figure after birth.

I am currently 12 stone but I want to be back down to 10 ... and I really need to tone up aswell after I lose some weight as I do have quite abit of stretched/loose skin from my last pregnancy. I know il never be stick thin again but I just aint happy with my figure

Yes you can exercise, I exercised at the gym through my last pregnancy. At my gym (hopefully at yours as well) there are advisors that can make programs for you, my one made one where everything was safe for pregnancy.

I went back to the gym when LO was 5weeks old I go 3-4 times a week. I worked out until I was 6months pregnant, then goad and Pilates until he was born. You'll be grand. The gym is a great distraction.

Working out is such a stress reliever! Endorphins are released, putting you in a better mood which can only be helpful especially during ttc. So many great benefits from exercising! :bodyb:

My doctor just told me that the only thing to watch out for is once you are with baby, you need to make sure you aren't doing anything that pulls, hurts or is uncomforatable. He said that his best deliverys are from yoga mamas and pilates mamas. Once you can't do your weights switch to low impact cardio and yoga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->