Had a bit of a scare.....

Wind

Reaction score
I posted this in the multiples section, but I wanted to post here too. I hope nobody minds. :blush:

I had an appointment with my doctor today. He pulled out the doppler to find the heart beats. He tried and tried with no luck. After what seemed like forever, he said he needed to do a quick ultrasound. I could tell from the look on his face that he was concerned.

I thought I was going to have a large scale panic attack while waiting for him in the ultrasound room. I kept thinking, "What if they're gone??" My husband kept telling me to relax, but I could tell he was nervous too.

When the doctor came in, he was able to quickly locate baby A who was wriggling all over the place. After a few moments he found baby B, resting and as still as could be, but with a nice strong heart beat. He said the placenta is very, very thick which is why he couldn't find them via doppler.

I never fully realized until today how much these precious babies mean to me.

glad everything's ok x my midwife once took 12 mins to find a heartbeat at 16wks and it was awful, i was in tears and my heart was pounding, such a relief in the end.

I posted this in the multiples section, but I wanted to post here too. I hope nobody minds. :blush:

I had an appointment with my doctor today. He pulled out the doppler to find the heart beats. He tried and tried with no luck. After what seemed like forever, he said he needed to do a quick ultrasound. I could tell from the look on his face that he was concerned.

I thought I was going to have a large scale panic attack while waiting for him in the ultrasound room. I kept thinking, "What if they're gone??" My husband kept telling me to relax, but I could tell he was nervous too.

When the doctor came in, he was able to quickly locate baby A who was wriggling all over the place. After a few moments he found baby B, resting and as still as could be, but with a nice strong heart beat. He said the placenta is very, very thick which is why he couldn't find them via doppler.

I never fully realized until today how much these precious babies mean to me.

This is why a lot of practitioners won't try finding the heartbeat before 12 or even 16 weeks. It can be difficult to find via doppler when they are so small still.

I am so happy everything is ok :hugs: Sadly I lost my Ava but they heard her heartbeat at 7 weeks and it was 193 :cloud9: it maybe be rare but her heart was going full force..
xoxoxo :hugs::hugs:

glad all ok in end...i started out with twins but lost one at 8wks (well vanishing twin syndrome) so still feel that little one is with me as never came out but little heart just stopped beating...so i can imagine how stressed you are each visit worrying about them both.....

my doctor said same other day..wouldnt do a doppler test at 18wks said it can cause more worry as cant always find heartbeat said he prefers to wait until 20wks...

hope no more scares for you now and all goes well for you..

Glad it all worked out ok. How stressful for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->