Had a car accident today =(

MikaylasMummy

Mummy of 1 & TTC
Reaction score
I had my first car accident today :growlmad:
A man pulled out of a petrol station so fast and straight into my lane didn't even know I was there!!i held my hand on the horn as I moved and he just kept going and within a second he was fun in the spot I was just in.to save him slamming into the side my 20 month son was in I had to merge very quickly to the next lane but a car was comin up and ran into the back of me :wacko:
All three of us stopped and I called the cops,my car had a little damage,the ute that rear ended me was pretty smashed up and needed towing and the idiot that caused it all had no damage.the one who ran into me said he saw the whole thing and insisted I had no other choice to go into his lane otherwise the car would have pushed me there anyway so luckily must have told the police that as well.
I was panicking cos I inititally thought it wasn't my fault and the tow truck driver and ute driver were both sure it was the one who pushed me out of my lanes fault but when I got home and explained to oh he wasn't so sure and I got really upset.however luckily the police rang me and said the accident team agreed with him that the driver who merged and pushed me over was at fault and I took evasive action.
We were all fine but my daughter cried a bit at first as she had a site neck she says.it seems ok now but if she has whiplash it will be sore tomorrow so I'll know.we are both definatley goin to the chiro tomorrow though!

Oh dear, glad you're all okay :hugs:

I despise careless drivers xxx

Thanks hun.the one who caused it(he was foreign) even got out and said he just heard this big bang next to him and looked over and saw me and the other car crash.he had no idea what he had done!!

Don't forget to bloody sue if she has! What a fucking twat :growlmad:. Sorry I just hate shit drivers.

Two days after getting my car last year (a brand new mini thanks to my parents for my 18th) a BMW was coming down a side road to join the roundabout I was on and was going too fast and ended up slamming into the side of me. Luckily my damage wasn't too bad and my LO wasn't with me at the time. But by god he didn't half get an ear bashing off me...I dont think he expected me to know half the language that I did.

I assume you have insurance details etc???

So glad your all ok :hugs:

Ohh no, hope your little girl is ok and you're all not too badly effected by this complete idiot. Sorry you've had to go through all that :hugs:

Thanks ladies.the row truck driver that saw us and stopped gave us all each cards for all our details to swap.plus cos the cops were there they also got everyones details.its easy here to get insurance from ppl.u just need their insurers name and the details of the person and it is all chased up and done for u.so hopefully it won't be a problem.i just hope he doesn't appeal the decision the police made cos that will drag it out.
Hopefully my girl is ok tomorrow =(

I'm glad that you are all ok, but don't be surprised if you get a surprise from the insurance companies involved.

People try and save their own skin in situations like this, and insurance companies will do anything to try and avoid paying out. It may be that the insurance company for the car that caused you to swerve will accept liability for damage to both the other cars, but do not be surprised if they don't accept the damage caused by the car rear ending you.

They may try and argue that you caused that collision and that there is a break in causation, therefore they are not liable. I'm not saying this will happen, just that it might so be prepared.

Main thing is you are all ok. It's not a nice experience at all... but I would suggest you get behind the wheel again pronto to ensure that your confidence in driving is ok.

Take care :)

Thanks for the advice hun.i hope it's not a hassle like that but I will fight it if it is.the same insurer that covers the car at fault that my car is insured with.im not sure what will happen there.i hope it's straight forward I really do after the stress of today.now I'm starting to panick again.lol.the police determined I HAD to take the evasive action I did so if the insurer claims they aren't responsible for my car then who is?me?im not sure how that would work but I guess insurers can be dodgy.the main thing I care about is not having to pay thousands for the other car that was badly damaged

Thanks for the advice hun.i hope it's not a hassle like that but I will fight it if it is.the same insurer that covers the car at fault that my car is insured with.im not sure what will happen there.i hope it's straight forward I really do after the stress of today.now I'm starting to panick again.lol.the police determined I HAD to take the evasive action I did so if the insurer claims they aren't responsible for my car then who is?me?im not sure how that would work but I guess insurers can be dodgy.the main thing I care about is not having to pay thousands for the other car that was badly damaged

Please don't stress, my post wasn't intended to make you panic or anything, just give you an alternative view of what might happen, however unlikely.

At the very worst, I would think they would try and go 50/50 between you and the guy that hit you from behind, but that's a very very worst case scenario, and one I don't think will happen. If you haven't already, write down as much as you can remember about the accident - where it happened, when.. what the sequence of events was, the distances and speeds involved, and the time you estimate you had to react, even down to the weather conditions at the time! Write it all down in as much detail as you can and keep it somewhere safe in case you have to refer to it later. Also document what was said by whom to whom and when - the more credible you can come across the better.

The very worst thing you can come across as is a hysterical woman, which I'm sure you're not!! :) In any event, you won't have to pay out for any damage - that is what insurance is for.

I reiterate my previous advice to you - go out in the car as soon as you can. It doesn't have to be with the aim of anything other than driving around. Try and construct a route that brings you into contact with lots of different conditions and speeds etc. The longer you leave it, the harder it might be. :)

Owh honey I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're all okay, could have been so much worse x

Oh my, that sounds scary. So glad you are ok. I think its the silly season for drivers - I saw a guy pul out of a junction from a dead stop yesterday, right in the path of a car doing 60mph........in my mirror I just saw brake lights and the car going on to the other side of the road - I assume he over took but he was coming up to a blind bend. There was no way he would have braked in time though as there was like 30m between the car and the one that pulled out.

Thanks redhead I really do appreciate your advice.i have given a signed statement to the police at the time which I would have access to if I needed for the insurance.the police were very nice and said if I needed any more help to just call.their conclusion is it was the other guys fault based on mine and the other car involved's statements that he came straight at me very fast with no time or opportunity to do anything else so hopefully they can't argue.iv heard many times when it's two against one it's hard to prove otherwise.and I think I said the driver behind me was adamant that if I hadn't have merged myself the car was coming so close and fast he would have pushed me over anyway.fingers crossed we don't have to go there!
Unfortunatley my car wasn't insured at the time of the accident due to a mix up and was only not insured by 10 days =( anyhow they said its unlikely I would have to pay for the car behind me so if my car isn't included although annoying I don't mind as much as mine is minimal and can be done bit by bit.
Thanks so much you have been helpful and constructive.unfortunatley(or fortunatley) I drive that road every day so I'll be on it first thing thismorning to take the kids to daycare.ill be fine no one was hurt it was really more the stress of having to pay that got to me.x

I know this is an oldish post but wanted to comment. Glad your ok!

I had a car accident ay the beginning of march when I was 29 weeks pregnant. Some idiot woman ran into the back of me when I was stopped at a jinciton. That was over 4 months ago, her insurance took the blame thankfully but it was such a hassle! We were both taken away in ambualnces so I didn't get any of her details

I'm still waiting to here about compensation... Have to go for a medical next week,. Can't understand why after so long as im fine now!! Xx

I don't know what your insurance is like in Australia but here I think my insurance would say that was my fault as it was my car that swerved into the lane.

I can't be 100% sure though cos I'd definitely put in a claim to the other guys insurance and let them battle it out.

Massive :hugs:'s hun, some idiot wrote my car off about 7 weeks ago (and pushed me into a stationary car when he hit me) I had the 2 LO's in car and it really shakes you up so you have my sympathy's! Glad you are all ok though xxx

Jenfirstbaby that sounds horrible!!luckily no ambulance was needed,double luckily the guy who caused it stopped along with me and the one who ran into me,triple lucky a tow truck driver(they drive around especially on wet days and just watch out for accidents) was there within SECONDS and gave all three of us cards asking for our names,addresses,phone numbers,license numbers,rego numbers ect.so everyone had all details plus the police came so everyone made signed statements and they took everyone's details too.

Laura2191 we were a bit worried about that but a lot of things are in our favour,the police have deemed the one that caused it at fault and issued him an infringement for dangerous driving.there were two ppl in the car that ran into me who insisted in their statements that I had no choice but to take the evasive action I did given the speed and angle the car was coming at me,and told police that if I hadn't have merged to his lane the car would have pushed me there anyway but he would have been further along and rather than have time to break he would have smashed into us full speed and I would have been worse.
In aus you give your own insurance the account of what happened,everyone's details,the police incident number which will tell them of the accident teams conclusion and then they do everything.our car is being fixed this week and they chase up the bill from the at fault driver and deal with any problems.they have already accepted the claim after being told what happened and stated it was a no excess claim meaning they will get the money off the other driver.so now it all depends on the other guys insurance I guess but it's up to our insurance to fight them for it as they've accepted the claim and the police are on our side.at least our cars getting fixed and we can deal with anything that comes up later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->