Had a scare. Need reassurance/good stories

mayacat

Reaction score
I woke up early this morning with light/moderate bleeding and light cramping. I'm 11w2d today. We went in as early as we could to get a scan to see and it looks like little bean was jumping around happily with its little heart fluttering away.

We didn't get many details, the Dr seemed to basically just be there to confirm we had a heartbeat, but he reassured us that 50% of pregnancies have bleeding and at this far along, the likelihood of anything happening to the fetus is only 5-10%. He just told me to keep an eye on it for a couple of days and come back if it lasts more than 3 days.

I'm feeling better now, no cramping and the bleeding has lightened up a lot. I have no idea what happened but if bubs is OK, I'm fine with it. Has anyone here had moderate bleeding during pregnancy and it turned out OK? I really need to hear these stories today.

Sorry to hear how scary things are for you right now. :hugs: Seeing a healthy babe is a really good thing and likely things will be just fine.

With my son, I had a bleed at 12 weeks. It wasn't a crazy amount but enough to throw me into a mini panic. Went in the next day (as it happened at night) for an ultrasound and saw a healthy baby. They told me that it was caused by the placenta shifting a bit. He came out very healthy and is now an active 2.5 year old.

I had pretty heavy bleeding in both my successful pregnancies. No issues with the babies. And I have brown discharge now, but the baby seems to be OK.

I know its so scary to see blood, but chances are all will be OK.

I also had a miscarriage around 11 weeks and it was a LOT of bleeding with huge clots and lots of painfull cramps. Definitely different from moderate bleeding.

Hope all turns out great for you hunny.

Blood is so scary to see while pregnant. I had a tremendous amount of bleeding with my son, and he's a perfect 2y.o. now. :) Bleeding started at 5 weeks and ended around 17 weeks. I spotted the entire time, but had 5-6 big bleeds that included tiny clots and moderate cramping. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. Next time you go in, ask them to look and see if you have one too.

Last pregnancy I bled A LOT. First time I had to call an ambulance because it was pouring out. They thought my placenta had detached though it hadn't. They never found the cause of all the problems but everything was perfectly fine and I now have a happy, healthy and very talkative 5 year old.

Is it 3 days you go back? Try not to stress out and worry too much xx

Last pregnancy I bled A LOT. First time I had to call an ambulance because it was pouring out. They thought my placenta had detached though it hadn't. They never found the cause of all the problems but everything was perfectly fine and I now have a happy, healthy and very talkative 5 year old.

Is it 3 days you go back? Try not to stress out and worry too much xx

Yeah, I'm going to call my Dr on Friday if it hasn't stopped by then. It was such a relief to see a bouncing littl'un in there yesterday but it's still concerning. It's definitely like a mild-moderate period with a little cramping but no big clots. I'm trying to go with the same feeling I've had the whole time, which is this one is going to work and as long as I still feel like I'm going to be sick several times a day, we're still good, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->