• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had anatomy scan yesterday now worried

Domimom

Reaction score
Everything looks good, only thing doctor said was baby's head was measuring a little small and he wants to re-check in a month. He offered me amniocentisis because I am 36 but I declined because all my other testing came back normal. Now I am getting worried because what if the baby has a genetic condition like microcephaly? I dont' know if I should get amnio? Ugh, I was all excited and now I am nervous. He said everything else looks good.

Anything can throw a measurement off.. With my daughter I had to go back at 24 weeks for more spine measurements, and the same with my son, except for a better look at his heart. All was well, it can just be as simple as baby not holding entirely still

same thing happened to my sister and everything was fine with her son. He's a happy, healthy, rambunctious 18 month old now.

Thank you both! I feel better now. At the first ultrasound at 12 weeks he only saw 1 artery to umbilical cord so I was worried about that and then he saw 2 yesterday so it was fine all along he just didn't see it. So hoping the same with this.

Microcephaly is definitely not the end of the world and not like Google makes it out to be. My 8.5 year old daughter has microcephaly and she's doing well. Her HC is the exact same size as her 14 month old brother's.

My baby's head measured a bit small too, but we're confident it should catch up.

Microcephaly is definitely not the end of the world and not like Google makes it out to be. My 8.5 year old daughter has microcephaly and she's doing well. Her HC is the exact same size as her 14 month old brother's.

My baby's head measured a bit small too, but we're confident it should catch up.

Did her head measure small while you were pregnant?

Not microcephaly small per se, but when she was born, her head circumference was on the smaller side at 33cm. I began slowing its growth by 8 weeks, and she was microcephalic at 5 months old. No one caught it until she was 26 months old. She's developmentally delayed, has autism, and a metabolic disease (not sure WHAT she has though) but despite it all, she's doing really really well.

The baby I'm carrying now, when the tech measured the head, measured side to side at 20w0d, but front to back was 18w6d at exactly 20 weeks. I'm not worried yet because at this stage, babies grow at their own pace and she'll very likely catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->