Had another talk with OH..

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
...and we will DISCUSS the POSSIBILITY of TTC in August, not actually try. Needless to say, I took it pretty hard. He feels like he's backed into a corner, I feel like I've been ripped into pieces.:hissy: "Can't guarentee I'd be happy and I know I wouldn't put in a much effort or love that you would." I know that....:cry:

*sigh* I guess I'll just focus on the move. We're very excited about that. I hope we get the bigger of the 2 apartments we applied for! We're waiting to hear back for the real estate lady. We might be moving within the month!:happydance:

You poor thing. I can relate to that completely. My OH and I have been together for 5 years and I have wanted a baby for the past 3. We were finally meant to be TTC last August (when we got married) then in the New Year and then in the Summer. When each time came he would say it wasn't the right time. ](*,)

Unfortunately for women I don't think we really consider all the practical things like income, moving house etc we just want a baby NOW and now is the right time for us.

I know it's really really hard, but try to concentrate on getting your 'nest' in order and getting things sorted first. It will be much better if you're both really looking forward to things and planning together rather than him being reluctantly dragged into the baby stores (and feeling like he's somehow being coerced) and you feeling resentful because he doesn't seem that interested in it all.

I did think about getting 'accidently' pregnant, but I'm really glad I didn't now.
Want to wait until we're both ready (even though it's bloody frustrating at times!)

Yeah, I couldn't do that to him (have an 'oops') I thought i might be having a genuine one this cycle, but AF showed (I'm so glad I didn't say anything to him about it)

He says that he feels no need, feels no drive to have a family, anything. It kills me.

I hope things get easier for you, too.

I'm not mentioning TTC atall to Rich now untill I actually want to. He has agreed to talk about it in the summer, so I'm waiting.

yeah, I guess that's my plan now too. Not that I'm not allowed to--he says that if i need to talk that I should but uggghhh....

I'm sorry to hear that... :hugs: It is SO hard waiting, especially when you just want to set a date and be done with it. I experienced the same kind of thing with my hubby - he would say we will have a baby, but never give me a set time. Then it was getting the finances in order.. It always seemed there was something! It was difficult for me because I like to have everything planned!

You will get there though. It will be fun moving into your new house! Maybe try and focus on doing some decorating etc. August does seem like a long wait, but I've noticed lately how the time is flying.. It's scary sometimes! It'll be here before you know it. :hug:

Oh un - sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed you get your nice big apartment and then your oh might see a baby fitting in there too! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->