had m/c 3mths ago and cant get preg again??

MrsNicols

Reaction score
Hi. I had a m/c in Oct 2010. found out at 12 wk scan that stopped growing at 7.5 wks. Had natural mc 4days later. Had scan and all was gone. Bled 2wks and then had a period. Was bk to normal cycle straight away pretty much. Since then been doing opk each month and trying just before poitive opk and on day of pos opk but still not getting pregnant? Got dh on vitamins, im on conception vitamins. I even took epo last cycle. Getting so down : (

Hi Mrs.

Im sorry to hear about your loss, and sorry you havent conceived yet.
I know this isn't something that you want to hear, but 3 months without a BFP isnt that long. I mean, I know it seems like an eternity to you, as you just want to be pregnant again after your loss, but physically, its not a long time. It doesnt mean that there is anything physically wrong with you or your partner. And so I doubt a FS would be willing to do any tests yet.

I know its hard, especially as you are doing all the right things - opk, vitamins, etc - but please try to stay positive. You will get pregnant when your body is ready. Perhaps you could try the SMEP method. This has been devised for couples who have experienced a loss, and it has a high success rate.
https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

Good luck for the future and I hope you get your BFP very soon. 2011 will be your year!
xx

hi mrsnicols i understand were your comin frm it took 3 yrs to get pregas 2 mc in june 2010 been tryin eva since not a single bfp over xmas i stopped takin folic acid im almost at point of givin up but i hear good stories so new year positive start lets hope we both have new baby 4 xmas hun

You will do it, 3 months isn't long. Try and do the bd more frequently in the week before your ovulation. Don't rely entirely on the opk, this isn't a good idea. Sperm live 2-5 days inside the woman. The egg only lives 18 hours. Most people are simply trying to late. The sperm need to be optimal freshness. They are optimal quality at 36-48 hours after last bd (some men they recover after 24 hours, others take 36 hours). I personally think the SMEP is too stressful and hard to stick to, but it's not that different from my personal plan. You don't need to bd the day after smiley face it's not that helpful, it's usually too late, and later than that is definitely too late.

The key is to identify roughly when you ovulate. Then the week before do the bd every 2 days. E.g. My cycle is 26 days long. I ovulate CD12, I do the bd CD7,9,11 or CD8,10,12. After ovulation is too late. I'm 41. I conceived twice after only 2 months of trying each time at age 39 and 40, this was my method. I miscarried both pregnancies (11 weeks and 8 weeks). My heart was broken twice. I've wasted a year now because of my depression, but I do know that my timing has been off, I didn't stick to my original winning formula. I'm back to it now.

Try missionary or doggie, if missionary hips on 1-2 pillows. Immediately after missionary put your legs up against the wall, vertically with your hips on the pillow for 30 mins minimum on the crucial three days. Make 100% sure the swimmers don't escape! Sitting on top generally reduces your chances (unless you're extremely fertile!). I'd recommend 3000mg of the EPO, CD1 to ovulation, then stop, it does help a lot with CM, or try Preseed. All these things help. You'll get there really soon with this plan I am sure! Switch to full-fat dairy from skim or semi-skim products (Harvard Uni research study found this increases female fertility, Google it).

Princessjulia it's really important to take your folate, otherwise your chances of pregnancy are reduced and the baby is at much higher risk of spina bifida. The spinal cord is already forming before you miss your period so before you even know you're pregnant. Good luck and babydust. x

Wow! Thank you for all that info.
If I dont fall pregnant this cycle using the SMEP i will use your method next month.
Good luck for the future
:dust:

Hi dont get disheartened it took me a year to get pregnant only to have an ectopic in early May 2010 im currently having fertility treatment my FS says it will happen just give it time! not the words i wanted to hear but its only been a short while from your MC and you may be hormonal hopfully we wont have to wait long until you give us good news xxx

You will do it, 3 months isn't long. Try and do the bd more frequently in the week before your ovulation. Don't rely entirely on the opk, this isn't a good idea. Sperm live 2-5 days inside the woman. The egg only lives 18 hours. Most people are simply trying to late. The sperm need to be optimal freshness. They are optimal quality at 36-48 hours after last bd (some men they recover after 24 hours, others take 36 hours). I personally think the SMEP is too stressful and hard to stick to, but it's not that different from my personal plan. You don't need to bd the day after smiley face it's not that helpful, it's usually too late, and later than that is definitely too late.

The key is to identify roughly when you ovulate. Then the week before do the bd every 2 days. E.g. My cycle is 26 days long. I ovulate CD12, I do the bd CD7,9,11 or CD8,10,12. After ovulation is too late. I'm 41. I conceived twice after only 2 months of trying each time at age 39 and 40, this was my method. I miscarried both pregnancies (11 weeks and 8 weeks). My heart was broken twice. I've wasted a year now because of my depression, but I do know that my timing has been off, I didn't stick to my original winning formula. I'm back to it now.

Try missionary or doggie, if missionary hips on 1-2 pillows. Immediately after missionary put your legs up against the wall, vertically with your hips on the pillow for 30 mins minimum on the crucial three days. Make 100% sure the swimmers don't escape! Sitting on top generally reduces your chances (unless you're extremely fertile!). I'd recommend 3000mg of the EPO, CD1 to ovulation, then stop, it does help a lot with CM, or try Preseed. All these things help. You'll get there really soon with this plan I am sure! Switch to full-fat dairy from skim or semi-skim products (Harvard Uni research study found this increases female fertility, Google it).

Princessjulia it's really important to take your folate, otherwise your chances of pregnancy are reduced and the baby is at much higher risk of spina bifida. The spinal cord is already forming before you miss your period so before you even know y
ou're pregnant. Good luck and babydust. x

Thankyou for ur post. Gives me hope. In gonna try this. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"