Had my baby boy, but almost lost him. PLEASE trust your instincts

God bless you. So you most likely had gestational diabetes. Polyhydramnios is always associated with GD, UNLESS you are carrying identical twins in which case Polyhydramnios in one twin and concurrent oligohydramnios in the other (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) could happen. Huge hugs

Jesus, what a horrendous birth experience for you. I'm so glad to hear that your son is okay and that you have both come through this.

Hopefully you'll both recover and be out of the hospital soon and at home with your family. :hugs:

Glad you are both okay, he is beautiful. Thanks for sharing, i remember your previous posts about you being worried, your midwives need a talking too!!!!

He's beautiful. Thank god for your instincts and some quick reactions to keep you and your baby safe. Thank you for sharing. That is one of my biggest fears and I don't care if I am considered to be 'over reacting' or 'over paranoid'. I will act the same and demand the help if I feel something is my quite right.

Thank you for sharing.

I am so glad you and your little boy are ok, what a horrifying experience!! Its making me nervous as I have been warned about cord prolapse due to baby being transverse and my amniotic fluid being on the higher end of normal but still within range, I'm due to have my C-section a week tomorrow so fingers crossed baby stays put until then. Your little boy is absolutely gorgeous and hope you both get home and over this experience as soon as possible xxxx

What a scary story!

I had seen cord around my sons neck at 28 week 4D scan and I went in maybe 6/7 times for decreased or frantic movements and kept saying the cord was around his neck.

Then in labour his heartrate dipped with EVERY contraction and he ended up being delivered with forceps after 38 hours of labour and took time to get stable...the reason written on my notes was cord compression

Obviously all ended well but it just annoyed me they wouldn't listen to me

So glad you and him are ok. Congratulations xx

Wow such a scary time u had. Thank god he is here safe. He is super cute xx

Oh my goodness .. your story made me cry, I can't even begin to imagine how terrified you were... oh and the pain must have been unimaginable!!

So glad you both are here with us still and all is ok now. Your precious DS is absolutely adorable... :hugs:

Wow brandi that story made me cry, I'm so sorry it was so traumatic and I am so glad you went with your instincts, you had been saying you thought something was wrong and its terrible that a simple US could have solved this! I am so glad that you are both ok and he is a very handsome little chap, enjoy him!

Oh my goodness, what a scary experience! Well done on trusting your instincts.
So glad you and your baby boy were okay. Congratulations, he's gorgeous! :)

Thank you for sharing. An important reminder of how we should always trust our instincts. So glad your baby was okay :hugs:

Oh gosh am I crying! So glad you're both okay, I hope your gorgeous little man is home soon. Xx

I am so happy your story has a happy ending. Sorry you went through that. But big congratulations and your son is beautiful x

Thank you everyone.

We are home from the hospital now and staples are coming out today. Asher is doing wonderfully. He is a champion breastfeeder. I got his records from NICU. His apgars were 3 and 5 when he came out. But today, you'd never guess that he came from a traumatic birth. He is so handsome and snuggly. I can't imagine if there had been any other outcome.

God bless you. So you most likely had gestational diabetes. Polyhydramnios is always associated with GD, UNLESS you are carrying identical twins in which case Polyhydramnios in one twin and concurrent oligohydramnios in the other (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) could happen. Huge hugs

The OB who delivered me suggested that I may have had that. I never had the GD test. She asked about it because Asher's blood sugar levels were low, but they stabilized after 24 hours on the IV.

I'm certain I'm done having kids, but if I ever had any more, I'll be skipping the midwife route and going straight to the OB route and scheduling a c-section. I never want to endure this again.

Sorry about your traumatic birth !
Mine was near enough the same
With my 1st I had also been going too triage for 2 weeks before saying something wasn't right ! No one believed me !

Am so glad your both okay !

Hope you feel better too ! I give birth 4 weeks ago and had a massive obstetric hemeorrahge so I know you must be feeling weak ! Xxx

Wow. I'm glad everything is ok now but... how scary to go through it.

Oh you sweet mama....Brought tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing your story! And congrats on such a beauty!

Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on your little boy. Sorry it was such a traumatic time for you but I hope you both have a very speedy recovery xxxx

oh my i just cried reading that, esp where you said 'if you cant save me, save my baby' tat really got me, im so glad you both are okay x

OMG that brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through but well done for trusting your instincts. Asher is just beautiful and I'm sending positive vibes that you're both recovering, physically and emotionally, after that ordeal. Take care of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->