Had my baby! :)

rapunzel87

Reaction score
Hello fellow mommas,

Hope you are all well! Just wanted to announce that I had my son on March 10th! :)

I also wanted to share my birth story in the case that someone may benefit from it. On March 9th I started to feel very little fetal movement. I was 39 weeks at this point, so most people that I consulted with commented that its because the baby has very little room for movement. I just didn't feel comfortable with this answer though. I could still feel him move more than 6 times an hour, however, it wasn't the same as usual. His kicks were infrequent and weak. All of this made me super uneasy, so my husband and I decided to drop in to the labor & delivery unit at the hospital to make sure everything was okay.

Upon getting to L&D, the nurses hooked me up to get some readings on the little one. His heartbeat was good and I started feeling some movements as well. The nurse assured me that all seemed okay. She said they will monitor me and the baby for 10 more minutes and then let us go home. We were satisfied with the answer. I was just glad the little one was okay.

After 10 minutes, the nurse came back in and told us we were good to go. Just at that moment, the baby's heartrate dropped dangerously low. The put me on oxygen and turned me on my side. A flood of nurses came in and the doc was on his way. The fetal heartrate dropped for a dangerous 6 minutes. It was absolutely terrifying! Thank God the heartrate came back up and normalized. However, because of this incident the doc said that I would be induced that night. They checked to see what had caused the drop in heartrate (via ultrasound), but they couldn't find anything. And they assumed that the lil one may have been playing around with the umbilical cord. Anyway, point is, if they had not caught the incident on time and if my little one had been without oxygen for longer than he had been then the outcome could have been very different.

Ofcourse I don't tell this story to scare any of you. But I do hope that it can be helpful. There is never anything wrong in double checking if everything is okay. Go with your gut instinct, even if professionals (such as nurses) tell you all is okay. You know your body and you know your baby. If you feel that something is wrong (which it most likely isn't) go and get it checked. Chances are that you and the little one are completely fine :)

Thank you for sharing :hugs: congrats on having your lo! Hope both of you are doing well!

Congratulations! Glad all ended well <3

Congrats! Good thing you went in when you did.

Congratulations!! Glad you trusted your intuition and everything worked out :)

Congratulations on your new arrival! :cloud9:.

Good information given re movement's and gut instinct. I haven't had to call l&d before but its very common for women to feel like they are being a bother ~ glad you got checked and the heart rate dropped before you were taken off the monitor completely.

Xx

Congratulations :flower: I do think you know your own body and baby well so its good just to double check these things xx

Congrats on ur little bundle and for the great advice! So pleased all is good for you guys.

Xxxx

Congratulations! Glad all is well. Thank you for sharing your story.

Wow! Good that you went to the hospital when you did. Congratulations on your new baby!

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your story. A good example of mother's intuition. I'm glad everything was ok. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->