Had my d&c

Dollybird

Mother of a beautiful boy
Reaction score
Today I had my D&C after finding out last Friday that our little bubs had passed away. Initially I felt that waiting a whole week for this was cruel but actually I think maybe it helped me come to terms with what had happened. as you can imagine at the time of the initial scan I was hysterical.. Didn't really take much in, and as the days went by I began to doubt the diagnosis... I mean how could I have miscarried I'd I wasn't bleeding right? Doh. What a fool. So yesterday at my preop assessment I told the nurse my doubts.. And she was amazing. They took me for another scan to "help me go into the procedure with a clear mind". The radiographer was kind and took her time showing me my baby and explaining everything on the screen. It really helped me. Then the nurse to time to talk to me about my worries for the future, and was incredibly reassuring. I think had I not had the week to reflect, and then yesterday to have all my questions answered that had emerged, then I would've always questioned what had happened.. Questioned if they'd been wrong and perhaps I shouldn't have had d&c. So I guess what I'm trying to share is, that for those of you ladies that find yourselves in the position I was- waiting a week, feeling like its torture- it's maybe not actually a bad thing. I'm still sad, and the hormone crash has yet to hit me, but I guess I feel more at peace with it all. God knows how I'll cope with another pregnancy, think I'll be a nervous wreck, but for now I feel sad but ok. the d&c itself was ok. I cried getting check listed, and cried getting anaesthetised, but the staff where lovely and patient and kind to me. And I'm grateful I didn't need to go through the loss at home. Anyways this is a big ramble, I guess I just wanted to straighten out my thoughts.

:angel:Sleep tight little angel:angel:
Mama will not forget you. Xxx

So sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm glad you had caring health care staff, though. I know that definitely helped me through my miscarriage. I hope you have a quick recovery.

So sorry for your loss, I am glad that you had caring nurses looking after you and taking the time to go through procedures with you it does help. Hang in there your rainbow baby will make its way to you xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like they were very compassionate at the hospital, which is just what you mean. I'm glad you've found peace with the D&C, I hope you heal up soon.

So sorry for your loss. The care you received sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you were so well looked after.

Huge hugs. I lost our bubba at 12 weeks in September and it's still so sad but time honestly helps. I always look at this part of the forum as I remember how much people here helped me x

Sorry for your loss. I had a D&C in Feb for a MMC which was found at a so called reasurrance scan. Be kind to yourself in the coming weeks, the actual procedure is a breeze but hormones afterwards are all over the place.
Im now pregnant again after one period, i hope that it happens again quickly if thats what you want x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->