had my little bear cub 08.06.2011 xxxxxxx

oldmamamia

Reaction score
cant believe he finally arrived!
dont know where to start, quite a journey, sorry if i ramble.......

was due for induction on my due date 11th June and m.w did sweep for me on tues 7th, she said i was 2cm, nice and soft and ready to go, left there and went to asda, determined to have a busy day and stay on my feet, came home, cleaned house and cut the lawn, within an hour of sweep was having mild aches and cramps every 9mins so i just got on with my day, walked to get my daughter from school and they were getting abit more painful, my hubby left at 4pm to go to an interview in london, i didnt tell him they were stepping up as id had 4 false alaarms in that last week and i really didnt want him to miss his interview if nothing was going to happen, by 6pm they were every 6mins and making me breathe through the minute they lasted so i called my best friend of 30yrs sarah and she came over to keep me company and help with the kids.

it was a lovely eve so we sat in the garden all eve, i hadnt bought a birthing ball so grabbed my sons space hopper and was bouncing on that for hours with endless cups of tea and lots of laughs with sarah, by 9pm they were 5mins but alot more painful sarahs hubby came to get my 2 kids and drove them to my mums for the night it was about this time that it hit me that this was it! my hubby wasnt home but i was confident hed be back before i needed to go in and i didnt want him speeding through london to get home and then getting loads of speeding fines through the post!

we set off for hospital around 10.30pm and i was 4cm dilated and managing, went for a walk with sarah for an hour and half which was lovely, we talked about our childhood memories and our other labours and children and i knew the contractions were getting more intense as i had to stop talking and walking when they hit now so we headed back inside just as hubby arrived.
Checked again and was 6cm so taken to my labour room which was lovely and met my midwife for the birth, Ria who was fantastic, i feel so lucky, she was brillant.

from 12am til about 3.30am i was on my feet with the gas and air, we had the radio on which was playing 8o's tunes and we were singing and chatting in between contractions at one point i even had a little dance! sarah and stuart kept making me laugh and telling me how funny i was and how much shit i was talking on the gas and everything was great, although the contractions weregetting unbearable, quicker and longer i still felt in control.
transistion started about 3.40 and i could really feel the pressure in my bum now, moved onto the bed and ria popped my waters which took her ages as she said the membranes were really thick, at the time she did it i said "that's the worst thing thats ever happened to me, little did i know what the next 20mins had in store!"

i started pushing and the pain was horrendous, i couldnt remember it had been as bad with my other 2, ria kept checking baby's heartbeat and was getting concerned as it was dropping quite dramatically, she pressed the alarm and room was filled with docs and m.w's and stirrups came out plus box of instruments, i can remember the panic as by now ther was no heartbeat, people were shouting the crash doc with the resuss equipment came running into room, he was crowning by now and everyone screamed at me to stop pushing the cord was wrapped really tightly round his next twice, they cut the cord then and got it off him then pulled the resrt of him out and started to work on him, hubby went to pieces, sarah was sobbing and baby was silent, i just went into total shock, was shaking from head to toe and was hysterical, next thing i knew he was put on my chest, breating but still hadnt cried, i couldnt even touch him i was in such a state i kept putting my hands down to touch him then freaking out again, i just wasnt sure if he was alive or not, it took me about 5mins to calm down and realise he was ok and then the tears started. the doc explained afterwards that he was born with both his hands up over his head and that this had saved his life as if hed taken so long to crown if his hands had been down and hed come down quikly his cord would have definately strangled him. he was on hourly observations for 24hrs and given the all clear the next day.
He was born at 4.07am on 8th june weighing 7lbs 4oz and weve called him charlie james hes already been nicknamed charlie bear, we came home friday and hes breastfeeding really well.

my love for him is totally overwhelming, hes the most precious thing in the world to me and it makes me choke up with tears everytime i think about his birth.

ive loved the advice and support of this forum through my pregnancy and i wish you all safe arrivals and beautiful babies x

Sounds like you had a very eventful labour hunny! Im glad things turned out okay and your little one was okay.

Congratulations xxx

Oh my goodness, what a scary and dramatic time you had at the end, especially as you did so fantastically in labour!
Glad that your little man is safe and well :)

Wow scary story although the beforehand sounded lovely, glad all was ok in the end and your back home safe and sound both of you thanks for sharing xxx

Wow what a story! That is so scary, I'm so pleased you had such a happy and healthy outcome, phew! Congratulations xx

Congratulations! What a scary, evenful end to the birth, glad you are both home and well xxx

Congratulations :hugs: I'm glad he's all well now :) x

Oh wow congrats! Your story brought tears to my eyes. What an ordeal! I'm so glad your son is ok and healthy. :happydance:

Congrats - sounds scary but glad all well now. I'm in Basingstoke too - planning a homebirth but good to know the hospital are friendly/know what they're doing :)

What an eventful labor you had! Congratulations honey!! Glad all is well. :hugs:
Also hope to see pictures of your beautiful boy if that's alright!! :D

Congratulations on the birth of baby Charlie. Your labour sounded great - you must be so laid back. I'm so sorry to hear the delivery was a horrific as that though. Xx

Wow sounds like you had a scary time! Glad it worked out ok and congratulations xx

Congratulations on your birth and for posting your birth story. So sorry that it ended up being traumatic for you but glad it was alright in the end. xx

Congrats! Very eventful! Loving the name too, we are naming our LO Charlie! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->