Had my pediatrician appointment yesterday

lisa35

Reaction score
Well it has been confirmed that Finlay has autism it took the pediatrician 20 minutes to confirm it :cry::cry:

I have to take him for a full days appointment to see the speach therapist and have some blood tests done, he said the bloods are to see why he has got it, I was too upset by this point to ask further information about them, can anyone highlight a bit more about them? Thanks :cry::cry:

My 5 year old daughter has very high functioning Autism. I know many see it as a tragedy but it's really not. Life upon you for more patience but ultimately our children are our children and what issue they have do not prevent us for loving them all the same. I never cried when I found out my daughter had Autism because I knew with the right help and support she would be ok. I have had to take her out of regular school and she is now home schooled, but she is still the same wonderful, very funny and smart little girl she has always been.

Yes you are right when you put it like that It dosen't make me feel as bad. Finlay is going to peterpan nursery for children with special needs and I will have portage group coming to my home once a week to take me through the same steps what the nursery will be teaching him. My lo has just turned 2 so it has been an early diagnoses for us. My lo is also very funny and very bright but different to other children his age :flower:

Autism will not show in any blood test hun? Scientists still do not know the cause.

Life is scary at times, even more so after a diagnosis. My son is 7 now and actually doing really well. He was quite severe as a toddler, didnt talk/aggressive etc but now he has grown up and changed alot. We still have hard days but we definitely have more good ones! Things will be ok x

That's what he said about the blood tests, what are the blood taken for? I am new to all this so quite clueless :dohh:

My Lo is never aggressive just really happy with the odd little paddy, or does the aggression come later on? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->