Had my scan today UPDATE PG 2

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Had my scan today and so far I know I should be 7+4 weeks but baby measured 6+1 and couldn't see any heartbeat yet. I went for bloods and will hear the results tomorrow. Doctor want to do a scan again next week, but i want to do it in 2 weeks time when hubby is home to support me and to give baby time to grow if possible.

Is this normal or should I prepare myself for the worst? Honest opinions please. I am terrified as is and don't want any false hope.

my scan pic. Doctor said everything is there and baby is the white dot at the bottom of black circle.

Attachments

• Worcester-20131118-04337.jpg
    Worcester-20131118-04337.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 34
I'm sorry you are going through this, it really is a roller coaster.. I've seen so many good stories where baby measures behind and then catches up.. as for me that unfortunately was not the case.. I was supposed to be 7+1 I knew exactly when I ovulated so when baby only measured 6+3 with a heartbeat I just knew something wasn't right... sure enough two weeks later at 9+1 baby had died, had a d&c at 10 weeks... I had a missed miscarriage... I really hope this is not the case for you... do you know exactly when you ovulated? If not then it could totally just be that you are earlier then you thought!!! Good luck, I'm rooting for you and little bean!!! Keep us updated!!!

I think it all depends on how certain you are of your dates and if your going by LMP, OPK, temping, and when your first BFP was. If you used OPK's, did your temp and got a BFP at 10dpo its more likely to end badly than if your going off LMP as you could have ovulated later than you think, even if your cycles are the same each month.

If baby is measuring 6+1 I'm assuming a 1mm fetal pole, which could very well be too early for a heartbeat. It also depends on the skill of the person operating the ultrasound, how good the machine is and if your uterus is in the normal position or retroverted.

If you google you will probably find a mixture of good news and bad news stories.

My honest opinion is agree with Celesse but if you are 100% sure of your dates and the u/s was correct with their measurements...this happened to me and it wasnt good news :(

This was my scan at 6+0 weeks done via trans abdominal. We saw a HB but the fetal pole was very small only 3mm :/ so it could have been maybe 5+6 weeks or something but yours looks ok to me. Good luck hun I know it's so scary waiting..I wish I could have another scan now just to see if it's even grown :( :hugs:

Attachments

• photo (13).jpg
    photo (13).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
I went for an u/s thinking I was 7w2d but the technician said at 4.5 mm I am a bit over 6 weeks. So I was put behind a week. We saw a heartbeat. However she said that we can see things ok because of the machine she has and her probes ( things that they put on your skin) are very good. I think as well as with any equipment it depends on how good and new this is. It also depends on the experience of a technician. I would not start to panic yet. Plenty of ladies here who were put behind a week or more and everything went fine. Good luck with your next u/s

I had my period 26th of september and had it for 6 days. Had a yeast infection as well. Didn't temp since we moved and were very busy. Got my bfp with digi 22nd October at supposedly 3+5 weeks. Said 1-2. Did my bloods next day and got 73 for beta.

I think your Scan looks good. FX for you xx

I think it all depends on how certain you are of your dates and if your going by LMP, OPK, temping, and when your first BFP was. If you used OPK's, did your temp and got a BFP at 10dpo its more likely to end badly than if your going off LMP as you could have ovulated later than you think, even if your cycles are the same each month.

If baby is measuring 6+1 I'm assuming a 1mm fetal pole, which could very well be too early for a heartbeat. It also depends on the skill of the person operating the ultrasound, how good the machine is and if your uterus is in the normal position or retroverted.

If you google you will probably find a mixture of good news and bad news stories.

THIS.
I had a scan on 11/4 when I thought I was 7w3d and I measured at 6w4d. We did hear a heartbeat, but my doctor has a really high-tech expensive machine hooked up to a large screen TV in his office. I went back on 11/14 for a follow up after an ER visit due to severe morning sickness, and that's when he found that I was measuring one week ahead! Big jump. You have to remember that babies at this stage grow in spurts, so they might have caught you right before a growth spurt. If your doctor asks to see you in a week, stick with it, he might have his reasons.

The scan is probably just too soon for you to see a hb hun, with my second pregnancy i was put back 2 weeks and my son will be 5 years old in january fit and healthy, but then this time i was sure of my dates and told baby measured 2-3 weeks behind i knew then what had happened and it wasn't good news :( , but thats because i was sure of my dates so if your not sure dont worry too much hun im sure your baby is perfectly healthy and you will see hb on next scan, im keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Thank you ladies.

I just had a look at my DD's scans and when I went for my 9 week scan she measured 8+4 weeks. We told the obgyn it's wrong since I know my dates and on the second scan you can see she went in and measured me at 9+1 weeks. So do you think that my current new obgyn's machine is a bit old. It looks different from the other doctor and the previous doctor seemed to have a fancier one.

My cousin told me that with all three her boys (no miscarriages) she had early scans at between 6-7 weeks and couldn't see anything and only later they could hear the heartbeat.

So just heard from the doctor that my levels went up to 37,717 and he says it's a great number. Don't know at which week it would put me, but guess early 7 weeks? He said I should go for another scan in two weeks since scan's so early can't always be accurate with dating, but we saw baby with yolk and everything which is good.

So just heard from the doctor that my levels went up to 37,717 and he says it's a great number. Don't know at which week it would put me, but guess early 7 weeks? He said I should go for another scan in two weeks since scan's so early can't always be accurate with dating, but we saw baby with yolk and everything which is good.

That's great news! DD in the picture is cute as a button btw :laugh2:

I think for my own sanity I'm not going to hang around much in first tri now until my scan otherwise it might drive me nuts. I will update on this thread though, but hope everyone will understand. :) after I've seen the baby again I will join you ladies again.

I guess i'm glad my first scan isnt until 8 weeks...i've seen so many posts like this that leave you more worries that reassured! Fingers crossed for you but it seems like these early ones are always all over the place with what you can or cant see.

I am going for a D&C in an hour. Baby didn't make. Sorry pinkpassion, you were right, I was just hoping for some little hope or good news.

So sorry for your loss :hugs: I hope the D&C goes well and your recovery is smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->