Had my ultrasound today

samisshort

Mama to 2 boys
Reaction score
But I don't know how to attach a pic from my phone lol. Everything went well, I'm due January 15th and going by "skull theory" I think I'm having a girl this time haha, staying team yellow though

I also mentioned to my OB about a lump I've had for a few weeks in my left breast. He looked concerned when he felt it.... Monday I'm supposed to go to the ER. He told me to get a mammogram but when I called the hospital they said they can't do it if I'm pregnant. I still breastfeed too.

What do I do? What should they do? :shrug:

They don't do mammograms in pregnancy because of the changes your breasts go through, generally they try to get you not to worry as it's probably normal.. It will probably go away soon, but after this little one have one just for reassurance :flower: but I think it's okay, your OB shouldn't have worried you!

He really wants me to have it done cause cancer runs in the family and my 19 year old cousin just had cancer too. :/ he told me its either a cyst or cancer. I'm not worried just because I'm not afraid really but I don't know what to do, or say to him? At both appointments so far he's been asking if I've gone to the hospital yet.

It could be that you just have some fibriod tissue, causing a lump. My mom has lots of lumps due to this. Strange he just immediatly jumped to the dreaded C word! Glad your scan went well :hugs:

I'd go to the hospital like your Dr said and if they give you any attitude tell them your Dr told you to come in and to call your Dr with questions. He can take it from there :)

Eta: I consulted Dr Google :) most of the websites say that they can do mammograms while you are pregnant and breastfeeding, otherwise a couple mentioned using an ultrasound to determine if its a fluid filled cyst or a solid mass

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->